Did you suffer from not saluting the flag in school as a kid?

by Sea Breeze 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Drearyweather
    Drearyweather
    But, I doubt he would agree that he fought in 3 wars to allow JW parents kick their questioning teenagers out the house on the street and shun them.

Can you show references from JW literature where parents are encouraged to throw disfellowhipped minors/teenagers out of their house?

• resolute Bandicoot
    resolute Bandicoot

"Can you show references from JW literature where parents are encouraged to throw disfellowhipped minors/teenagers out of their house?"

Are you serious... we all know that this is standard procedure, who are you trying to fool? Go and boil you buttocks, one of my best friends, my bridesmaid took her own life because of this bullshit, and there has been more since then. You are a disgrace for defending this scare on the face of humanity.

https://youtu.be/o7gJWOJ7LYY?si=F51WtcKeUKkgwamn

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

Often what happens is that JW parents berate, condemn, and mentally abuse their teeagers for bringing up legitimate questions about Watchtower, sometimes for hours. It literally drove me out of my house at age 14.

Last grade I completed was the 8th grade, Married by 17.... it gets worse from there. All the JW's are under some kind of satanic spell.

• Drearyweather
    Drearyweather
    Are you serious... we all know that this is standard procedure, who are you trying to fool? Go and boil you buttocks,

I won't drop to your level of language usage. Read my question again. I am talking about WT encouraging parents to ask their minor children to leave the house once they are disfellowshipped. Is that the standard procedure?

• DisgruntledFool
    DisgruntledFool

Sage advice from my god intoxicated religious fanatic Jehovah's Witness mother when I was around 8 years old in the 1960's: 'When (not if) the government takes you away from the family during persecution, don't let them force you to salute the flag. If you do, Jehovah will kill you at Armageddon and you will never see your family again.'

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange
    Can you show references from JW literature where parents are encouraged to throw disfellowhipped minors/teenagers out of their house?

One does not need "references from JW literature". I can show you all the evidence in real life situations. I could easily name 6 families from my Cong and surrounding congs where parents are totally shunning their DF children. The smart kids are SHUNNING THEIR JW PARENTS. That is, they absolutely refuse to let their parents visit with their grandchildren. One JW sister (who we dearly love) does not understand why her daughter does this. It's because they see their family as a "package deal". If you shun me -- I and all of my family (incl your grandkids) will SHUN YOU.

One of the above couples (the parents) that I have in mind-- both are born-in; he's an elder; and they were PISSED OFF when they saw the Canadian WT attorney's testimony as he BRAZENLY LIED under oath in Court. And that is when they decided to no longer take the "hard shun" against their DF kids (and their families). He's still an elder. Now, he & his wife just LIE about whether they associate with their DF kids. That's right -- theocratic warfare can work both ways!!

Dreary -- you're trying to defend what cannot be defended. Open your eyes. Quit drinking the KoolAid.

• Drearyweather
    Drearyweather
    I can show you all the evidence in real life situations.

Thanks DOC, I know. I have 2 cousins who are disfellowshipped.

I am simply asking if the WT asks parents to kick their minors out of the house when they are disfellowshipped.

Again, minors. Not adult children.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

As to "minors" -- I would say "NO". JWs and WT know that would legally be "neglect". But I do know of a couple kids tossed out on their 18th birthday. Of course, lots of folks send their 18-year old off to college in another state.

Bottom line is that the subject should not have to be debated. Shunning your family member because they are critical of the religion or have committed some dumb "sin" (as a teenager) is simply UNCHRISTIAN. (No natural affection?) It should NOT happen (exceptions for extreme cases, CSA, violence, etc).

A "Christian" religious group's leaders should not demand this and Christians should know better than to follow such demands and at the very least they should IGNORE such demands (if they aren't smart enough or brave enough to totally leave the group). Is there any question that any such high control religious group is a CULT?

• Chevelle
    Chevelle

I saluted the flag because I always felt pressured to do so by my teachers. But while I saluted the flag, I begged Jay Hoover not to murder me in Scare-Mageddon. It was just one of many things that fucked me up mentally.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte
    I am simply asking if the WT asks parents to kick their minors out of the house when they are disfellowshipped.

No, they don't, never did. However, I have seen many kids leave before adulthood, or before getting any higher education. Now, indeed some parents have thrown their kids out as soon as they turned 18, and yet, I believe that the topic is more complexe than some may think.

Ex-JW kids around 16 often want to draw their own path, away from an over bearing cult that comes with its mental abuse. Mental abuse that is channelled through their loving parents and all their friends. And so, understanding that they can take small jobs and move away, they do, even if this is against their parent's wishes! They are thinking: "Well, even if I have it hard, it won't be as hard as getting that look from my parents that says I'll die at Armageddon soon".

And then, there's the kid who's behavior is abusive towards his family for several years. Fighting, disrespecting, cursing, lying, yelling, stealing, breaking things, never participating in any house work. Such behavior can have its toll on the parents and at some point, when the kid is old enough to work, the best think for everyone is to send the kid out, often with the assistance of social workers. This type of thing happens with JWs and non JWs alike.

In the end, all I'm saying is that its not possible to make a broad general statement about this.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit