Dutch JW convention hall for sale.

by Anders Andersen 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

As the newly expanded convention hall in Swifterbant is now in use, the only other JW convention hall in The Netherlands is now for sale.

https://congreshal.nl/english/ (congreshal means convention center).

Note the links to the Brooklyn and IBSA garage sales at the bottom of the page.

• blondie
    blondie

The Foundation construction and operation of buildings Meeting of Jehovah's witnesses (section Bennekom) is pleased the sale of the Conference Hall to announce the Edeseweg 147 to Bennekom. The well maintained building of about 5,700 m2 divided into two layers with about 300 parking spaces on private land offers ample opportunities for various interpretations. On the edge of the "food valley" and the "kennisas" lies the town of Bennekom which is rapidly developing. Both the accessibility if the format of the building offer space for different interpretations and collaborations between parties...

So will all Dutch jws go to the new one?

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

Blondie: most of them. Some living close to Belgium will (have to) go to Belgian conventions.

• freddo
    freddo

Just think of all those "exemplary" brothers that worked on it and built it so that "we can get away from worldly venues" who will see Theocracy's decrease in action.

And that little group of circuit heavies, pioneers and wives who volunteer to maintain it and sit behind desks up there and make a note of the time spent doing it on their ministry reports. And the Hall Overseer who will be chucked out of his apartment and be told to go and be warm and well fed.

Tough. You'll have to go and stand next to a trolley cart instead.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

good grief, I wonder how much more of their real estate is to be flogged off worldwide?

• blondie
    blondie

Do they have selected jws that live onsite any more? Not at the one near me. The CO and DO don't have places there any more either.

• jwleaks
    jwleaks
    freddo - And the Hall Overseer who will be chucked out of his apartment and be told to go and be warm and well fed.

That's a bit harse. The correct term is "reassigned to the field." Hee hee hee.

The bookstudy arrangement was chucked out because of Watchtower claims relating to rising fuel costs evidently making it prohibitive for JWs to travel by car, or subway, or train, or bus, or walk to a home in their local neighborhood, or for some in the bookstudy group to walk from their bedroom into their lounge room.

Now kingdom halls are being sold off and JWs are forced to travel further then they ever have in their entire life to reach a hall. Add to this the selling off of Assembly Halls thereby making large gatherings more expensive with more travel.

The Netherlands have never been a good field for Watchtower to harvest in having one of the worst ratios of publishers to population in the western world. Too many tulips and not enough wheat.

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

@Blondie: afaik caretakers still live on premises for the halls here. Not sure about the one being sold though, never been there. Looking at the pictures on the website there appears to be an apartment at the corner of the building.

The Netherlands have never been a good field for Watchtower to harvest in having one of the worst ratios of publishers to population in the western world. Too many tulips and not enough wheat.

I dunno...I always thought we had more than enough weed here :-)

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

I wonder what the future holds for the UK Assembly Halls that they own?, clearly worth a fortune two in the London area

• redpilltwice
    redpilltwice
    I dunno...I always thought we had more than enough weed here :smile:

Hmm, would you think so?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit