Child Abuser

by Cassiline 12 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Cassiline
    Cassiline

Tonight I saw a commercial on TBS.

There were three people in an elevator, an older woman, a man, and a child. As customary in elevators, everyone nodded to greet one another. The child and the man exited the elevator while the older woman stayed behind. As the doors were closing, you could see the child and the man leaving and holding hands. Written on the back of the mans jacket were the words, "Child Abuser". Just as the doors were closing, the child turned and looked at the older woman with a pleading look in her eyes.

The commercial then said, "Only if a child abuser were this easy to recognize".

Even if you only suspect something, report it.

Cassi

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Whoa.

That image gives me shivers. I haven't seen this commercial.

So if that were reality, would people intervene?

• Thunder Rider
    Thunder Rider

Its questionable as to whether people would intervene in behalf of the child. Too many times these days the old saying, "no good deed goes unpunished" rings true. People of conscious and those that can "relate" I'm sure would act on such circumstances, but the majority I'm afraid would not want to "get involved". Its sad that a person's own "comfort" would come before the persual of justice for the innocent.

For that matter, how long before certain "groups" make pedophelia socially acceptable. A "disease" that should be pittied and "understood". It shines a poor light on humanity that a commercial like that is even necessary.

Pedophiles can be cured! Carefuly administered, high velocity dosages of lead!

Thunder

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

lol @ Thunder

I would and I have - reported it that is

• Cassiline
    Cassiline

Its questionable as to whether people would intervene in behalf of the child. Too many times these days the old saying, "no good deed goes unpunished" rings true. People of conscious and those that can "relate" I'm sure would act on such circumstances, but the majority I'm afraid would not want to "get involved". Its sad that a person's own "comfort" would come before the persual of justice for the innocent.

This is a sad fact Thunder. I am amazed by the amount of people who turn a blind eye.

For that matter, how long before certain "groups" make pedophelia socially acceptable. A "disease" that should be pittied and "understood". It shines a poor light on humanity that a commercial like that is even necessary.

NAMBLA -- North American Man Boy Love Association

When I first stumbled upon their site I was sickened that some believe that a consentual relationship can start as young as 9 perhaps even younger.

How this org can be legal is beyond me.

• Thunder Rider
    Thunder Rider

Cass,

In our society, the twisted and perverse are the ones pulling the strings. "Normal" behavior, behavior that carries no unsavory aspects or side effects, is considered of less importance than "personal freedoms".

Sometimes I wish there was someplace else to live, than in this quickly degrading society, that is slowly but surely destroying goodness and right.

Thunder

• Cassiline
    Cassiline
    Sometimes I wish there was someplace else to live, than in this quickly degrading society, that is slowly but surely destroying goodness and right.

I'm right there with you Thunder.

Cassi

• talesin
    talesin

you are surely right, my friends, when you say our society fosters child abuse.

we are constantly bombarded by ads that emphasize the attractiveness of youth. sexual predators are encouraged by our lack of vigilance. ads are constantly bombarding us with sexual images of children.

one at a time, we can change this - don't let your sadness overwhelm you. we need to be strong and of good cheer to fight back!! yes, let's acknowledge what's going on. we can change it though, one person at a time. (the hundredth monkey, etc.)

• Brummie
    Brummie

Great advertisement! I would do something about it if I had suspicions...without a doubt!

Brummie

• SealingSalamander
    SealingSalamander
    some people seem to think a consensual relationship can start as young as 9

Apparently, so can marriages and babies... it's still happening and history is littered with such sorry @$$ examples... just ask Sacajawea. At least she got a coin in her honor.

Things like that make me sick.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit