Sharing the Bad (shameful) News in all the Earth - Courtesy of the BBC

by fulltimestudent 9 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

Australia's Royal Commission into Child Abuse released its full report yesterday, so it was gratifying to see the UK's BBC run this headline on their website this morning (Aussie time):

Australia Jehovah's Witnesses 'did not report 1,000 alleged abusers'

Hopefully, all over the world people will learn the shameful news of what YHWH (as guided by the holy spirit) told his earthly witnesses to do. (The JWs do claim to be guided by the holy spirit)

Check out the BBC story at: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-33673240

And more at: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-42334381

• tor1500
    tor1500

Hi,

Great coverage, but nothing will happen...There is a couple in my congregation and they know JW's that live in Australia and nothing is said...

Simply amazing....now even the President has been exposed...Seems everyone is being exposed except JW's scandal...it's like a domino ....but by passes JW's....

Even Mormons.....Catholics...

How can this get so much exposure in the big newspapers & not even a rumor...

I wonder why ?

Thoughts...

Tor

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent
    tort500: "How can this get so much exposure in the big newspapers & not even a rumor... I wonder why ?"

The 'why' is likely that any report that conflicts with their strongly held views, creates inner emotional tensions, that many solve by saying, "YHWH knows about it (i.e.Whatever they perceive as wrong) and will fix it in his due time."

But the point is, that the more publicity there is, the less likely it is that they will convert more suckers to their religion.

• tor1500
    tor1500

@FulltimeStudent,

You make a great point..."But the point is, that the more publicity there is, the less likely it is that they will convert more suckers to their religion: So true, even if the JW's don't acknowledge it, people who aren't will find out...

When going D2D, someone may just say, don't you people read the paper, don't you know what's going on in your org.

To tell you the truth, I think most know but deny, because there is too much of their pride to swallow...It was at the hall where I heard, if you point a finger at someone how many are pointing back to you ? They have judged other religions and now they are being judged.

Exposure is in the air....nobody is safe....

Tor

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-05-16/justice-mcclellan-warns-churches-to-change-or-risk-illegitimacy/8529324

This was the official video summary by the ARC.

Approx half way through, the % figures are provided. JWs may have a low % rate, BUT check out the number of churches that they did worse than!

Its an appalling ratio compared to the number of witnesses vs other church members!

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

As of this date 15/12/2017 A.M. No Australian state or territory has signed up to the redress scheme giving compensation to the victims of Child sexual Abuse by any Institution.

Derryn Hinch a senator asks why not ? and that they must do so ..however I think Parliament is now in recession until early next year.

Senator Derryn Hynch made an interesting observation regarding the dollar amount to be agreed upon .

I think first up it was $500,000 in Compensation then it was reduced to $200,000 and then low and behold (in his words) it was reduced to $150,000 that the Government accepted which coincidentally ? happened to be the number the Roman Catholic Church had initially put forward as an acceptable figure.

I wonder why ? { Anyone ?}

Religion still is a powerful and influential force in Government in this day and age ,so don`t be surprised if the recommendations of the ARC submitted in their final report today are not watered down somewhat by the actions of Government

True some, if not many of the recommendations will be adopted but definetely not all of them and some of those not adopted will be the ones we wanted to be adopted.

It will be interesting to see what transpires in 2018

Edit to add ? What gains were made in Ireland with their investigation into Child sexual Abuse some years ago ?

• Confusedalot
    Confusedalot

Good!, now that elder and his wife cant tell me it only happened 'once'.

Wanted to put an emoticon but am not sure if its sad or funny....probably sad.

Hope they don't just spin it as untrue persecution..

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I hope the negative press will dry up WBT$ finances and stop paedophiles.

Certainly, this greedy corporation need to be hurt, destroyed. Fat chance. The Governing Body need to be thrown into jail pending execution. See how the corporation reacts then.

Sadly, none of this will happen. The WBT$ will continue to function. They will not go bankrupt or disappear any time soon. they will continue to rape children and bully victims and their parents (et al), into not saying anything.

Foozed- Hope they don't just spin it as untrue persecution.

They will. We know it. They probably already have said this.

• Fred Franztone
    Fred Franztone

Most witnesses will read the articles and simply complain that they used the word church rather than kingdom hall.

• Phoebe
    Phoebe

I told one sister about it and she reasoned it was either Jehovah cleansing the organization or Satan causing trouble for the organization, but more than likely the latter.

I am afraid that, sad to say, even if the child abuse was committed right in front of their eyes they wouldn't believe it.

They simply will not believe there is any fault with the organization or the GB.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit