Star Wars VS Caleb and Sophia

by PaintedToeNail 7 Replies latest jw friends

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

I took my girls to Star Wars last night, their inebriated father came along. The girls absolutely loved it. All the way home they were asking questions about the Force and Leia and Han, Luke and so on. Their father remained eerily quiet. This morning he got up early, I stayed in bed.

When I woke up, the youngest, 8, came into the room and told me her dad said "Let's watch a video." Naturally she was excited, as her dad doesn't usually pay attention to her. She ended up being required to watch a Caleb movie. She said "It was one of those guilt ones. They wouldn't let the kid buy ice cream with his own money. That's just wrong." She is a very astute child. She questions everything and if it doesn't make sense, you better be able to explain it.

He has left for now and she and her sister are playing Star Wars in the backyard with their light sabers...Caleb lost.

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

What an astute child! When I was 8 I don't know if I would've picked up on the undertone of guilt.

Also, light sabers are the coolest!

• hyacinth
    hyacinth
    I stopped showing them to my kids when the one abt falling asleep at the mtg came out. Talk abt guilt.
  • SafeAtHome
    SafeAtHome

Maybe your astute little ones should ask daddy if Jehovah is happy when daddy is inebriated! Good for you for giving your children a semblance of normalcy.

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

Safe-The drinking thing just makes my son, who is 20, roll his eyes and make snide comes about his dad being an uber-JW and the hypocrisy he is showing. It used to really upset my son, when we were 'in', that his dad drank so much. Dad stays down in his man-cave in the basement and drinks, he tends to be much 'nicer' when he drinks, so the girls are just relieved to not have him yelling at them to really notice that he is less than sober...

• LisaRose
    LisaRose
    Smart kid, sometimes children are better at spotting the lies. When my daughter was four she urged me to divorce her dad and marry a rich man so I could quit work and stay home with her. Too bad I didn't follow that advice, lol.
  • Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

For an 8-year-old to pick-up on a guilt undertone, that's amazing. Just goes to tell that young minds are questioning.

It's true that the mind of a child is very sharp. Impressionable. Maybe there are more people than we realize are picking-up on all those ''guilt undertones''.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ Beth Sarim...

Well, considering how much they've dumbed down the material in recent years, it's probably a lot more obvious to anyone with half a brain... :smirk:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit