Newly out, am I shunning them before they shun me?

by schnell 14 Replies latest jw friends

• schnell
    schnell

Thank you, One Eyed Joe. I should set my limits and just stick my guns about them.

• biblexaminer
    biblexaminer
    Schnell: And she knew about the UN thing years ago and never told me. She didn't think it was important.

Why? Interesting...

One can argue till you're blue in the face about 607/587. They can't see it. It's a waste of time. Why... because it's abstract. It doesn't touch their flesh.

Much, I'm sorry, like the child about abuse scandal. Witnesses don't view child abuse as serious. Why... because society at large doesn't. Not historically anyway. Look at the slaps on the wrists that society has handed out for this crime in the past.

And the generation teaching... Look at this overlap crap. Witnesses slug it down. Even the "educated" ones.

The UN thing... I remember when it broke. Even the ones on the forums, never mind the burned in dubs, discounted it. Because they didn't understand it. Over time, that changed for many.

And now, I am trying to get people to recognize how important it is to have the entire list of Watchtower publications that were designed, printed and disseminated for the sole purpose of meeting the UN's "Criteria of Association" and nobody seems to care.

How is your mom supposed to "get it", the seriousness of the Watchtower's affiliation with the UN, the Scarlet Colored Wild Beast, if even the people on the board do not understand the level of betrayal we experienced at the hands of the GB...?

Watchtower literature is, supposedly, "spiritual food at the proper time" from a God appointed, latter day prophet. Yet it was printed for the UN. That's like poison, no...?

Some people are still getting the UN thing. When I was at the UN a few months ago, the representative of the UN DPI that I had a meeting with for two hours, told me that he still gets calls weekly about it, till this day!

It may not matter to anyone on this board, because it's old news. But it sure as hell matters to somebody just finding out. And it's not "open to interpretation". Watchtower freaking did it. It was done. And I do not want Watchtower to 'get away with it'. I want to nail their hydes to the wall and run their shorts up the flagpole.

Maybe if your mom had been helped by reading all the articles that were submitted to the UN to establish their affiliation, then she might finally "get it"

• schnell
    schnell

@biblexaminer, she never thought too hard about it. People like my mom are essentially irrational, and only want eternal life in paradise.

• biblexaminer
    biblexaminer

I know. 50 years in and still counting.... I understand.

So, tell here in a way that she understands. Open the bound volume of the Awake for November 22, 1998 and show here the article preaching favorably about the UN.

Tell her that the Watchtower sent a brother from 25 Columbia Heights HQ across town to the UN to supply the Beast with this article and others.

Ask her why the UN has these articles. Ask her why the GB would do this.

It has to touch her flesh. She has to have sensory input. She cannot ignore the article, or the fact that the GBozos supplied this to the UN

The articles are the betrayal. And it goes deeper since they produced them for The Beast

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I sort of did this, too (moving made it easier).

Mostly because I knew I was well-liked, and I actually wanted to spare them the discomfort of shunning me (unofficially or otherwise).

Seriously.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit