jw's think that they are above the law,,,, again.

by lancelink 12 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• lancelink
    lancelink

Again the ugly head of child abuse raises its head, and the witnesses are hopefully caught red handed for ignoring it :

https://www.nwherald.com/2019/10/23/crystal-lake-man-found-guilty-of-more-than-decade-of-sex-abuse/a4fuium/

• zeb
    zeb

The wt goons tried that clergy immunity thing here during the CARC but the justice pulled them into line saying "You claim t o have no clergy" "You cant have it both ways."

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

lancelink:

Thanks for the update on that criminal. Makes your stomach turn sour to think that this could have been dealt with much sooner.

No one brings more reproach upon the name "Jehovah" than the governing body, who refuse to let the authorities handle all of these abuse matters.

Zeb is right! That "clergy immunity" crap they try and pull in court isn't fooling officials anymore. One of these days maybe the Watchtower will learn that these judges see right through them.

Hypocrites!

Atlantis!

• zeb
    zeb

Yes, it was telling in the first hearings the wt attended where whatever the question the elders parroted their answer being "We would contact the branch Office." They seemed to believe the CARC would roll over like a good dog and say "Thats fine, off you go". It didnt.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

How can they honestly claim "clergy Penitent privilege" when they officially declare they have no clergy class ? within there religion ?

• Biahi
    Biahi

Wow! This one is right near my home, yet this is the first I’m hearing about it.

• Giordano
    Giordano

I think there is another issue in this case.

"The allegations lodged against Hernandez-Pedraza date back as far as 2005. Over the course of more than a decade, Hernandez-Pedraza continued to rape, sexually assault and sexually abuse the girl, prosecutors said."

Now I don't see this happening without some level of permission re the girl's family.

Other then another complete failure from the Society and local Elders......... what does it take to get your head on straight Elders?????

How about finding a pay phone and handing off the necessary information to the local police????

• James Jack
    James Jack

Here in the States, they have a clause called “Ecclesiastical Privilege”, that most states have, which is the same as “Attorney Client Personal”. In other words, they (religious ministers) don’t have to report a crime.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

On this same topic:

That show: “Cults and Extreme Belief: Jehovah’s Witnesses”, is airing again right now! A lady named Romy Maple tells her story of victimization and there is also an interview at Barbara Anderson’s home. It’s interesting to find out what got Barbara Anderson started on her quest.

I am convinced that most of the diehards in the religion will not leave no matter what evidence is brought forward. No matter the publicity, they are not going anywhere.

The only thing that will get these diehards out IMO is when their kingdom halls are literally sold out from under them.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Giordano - :...I don't see this happening without some level of permission re the girl's family..."

Not "permission", per se...

...but definitely naive (and possibly even willing) ignorance.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit