Where is Ray Franz now?

by reagan_oconnor 10 Replies latest jw friends

• reagan_oconnor
    reagan_oconnor

I bought C of C last year and spent a long time reading it (3 whole months). Thanks to this well-written and researched book, I was finally able to get past the "Armageddon Syndrome" that so many ex-JWs experience (i.e., "I'm gonna die at Armageddon for reading this apostate literature").

I noticed that R.F. was very careful not to offer specific opinions about his personal religious beliefs. Wondering... is he a member of an organized religion now? Last I heard, he was living in Alabama. True? Does he correspond at all with individuals who write him?

• chasson
    chasson

Good question,
    A Jw at my door said to me, a month ago, that he is an evangelic
    pastor ? Is it true ?

Bye

Charles

• TheApostleAK
    TheApostleAK

I read on H20 that someone there has his email address. Just look for the Ray Franz post about 2 weeks back.

And he lives in Atlanta I think.

PS He might even visit this site.

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

When Venice get's back from vacation, I will ask her. Her family has met Ray and his wife and lives within pretty close proximity to them.

I will get the scoop from Venice.

My name is Slipnslideius Masterus: commander of the armies of the North, general of the Felix legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius...

• uncle_onion
    uncle_onion

Yes he does correspond with individuals although he is not well at the moment as he has suffered a few strokes. He can be contacted at Comentarypress.com.

He does not follow any religion but is a christian and has regular house groups.

UO

• AlanF
    AlanF

Franz lives quietly in an Atlanta suburb. He engages in massive correspondence, tends to getting his books sold and translated into languages other than English, and gets together with a small number of local Christians for Bible discussions. He's not a member of any particular religion, and is in no sense an Evangelical.

AlanF

• chasson
    chasson

>He's not a member of any particular religion, and is in no sense an Evangelical

Thanks Alan. Another JW's misreprensation of apostate. I think.

Bye

Charles

• Mulan
    Mulan

I can testify to all of the above posts. We have friends who are in communication with the Franz's regularly. He is in no church, and you can go to the bank on that, but he is still working his commentary press business. www.commentarypress.com And his email is [email protected] I wouldn't flood him with emails, people. He is elderly, frail and has had many health problems.

• uncle_onion
    uncle_onion

When I started my "crisis of conscience", my sister in law who has friends in the US bethel told me that there is a rumour going around Bethel that Ray is training to be a Jesuit priest. When I told him that he could not stop laughing!

Just shows that even in the "house of God" they can get things wrong!

UO

• Celia
    Celia

Alan F. I didn't know you were a celebrity... Just read the book of C.O. Jonsson and you are mentionned in there !!!
    Way to go ! Autograph by any chance ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit