Well I got to waste another day. For the sake of still in family I attended the circuit assembly.
They say a joy shared is doubled, and a burden shared is halved. So here is my attempt at halving my burden from this wasted day.
Theme was Don't Give Up In Fulfilling The Law of Christ. Review questions for each part were as follows with my answers as the general take away from what the speaker said from my perspective.
1) What is the law of Christ? My answer: Rules, regulations, everything that is written in the Bible.
2) How can we fulfill the law of Christ when unseen by humans? Don't look at porn. Watching porn starts by viewing swimwear ads. Those ads pop up when a person surfs the channels on their TV or the internet. So don't surf channels or the net as that is the first step.
3) How do we fulfill the law of Christ in the ministry? We judge people who do not follow Christ as wicked. We use invitation campaigns to analyze people as to whether they are the kind of people God wants to save. We should never allow ourselves to feel that we are not qualified as the FDS has given us Jay Double You dot Org, videos, and the presentations in the mid-week meeting worksheet. They have told us what we need to say so we are qualified.
Song and Announcement(s) Just one announcement. Jehovah loves a cheerful giver. There are boxes for you to put your contribution in. Make checks out to Jehovah's Witnesses and if you don't want to write a check there are two convenient ATM/Credit card machines you can use.
4) What makes the law of Christ superior to the Mosaic law? There were over 600 law in the law of Moses. Christ law is better because it is much more comprehensive, covering EVERY aspect of our lives. Christ's law is all principles. Remember like a traffic light, laws are red and that means STOP! Principles are yellow, that mean you have to think. (Then stop. I guess they never heard of a GREEN light! I'd hate to be behind these nitwits if they were driving)
Baptism: Satan wants you to be fearful. Seven things that will cause you fear. Satan, man, teasing, missing out on fun, making mistakes, persecution, death. Don't be fearful though because we have to suffer if we want God's blessing. Only 2 baptized. Attendance was 720.
DINNER BREAK: Out to the vehicle for a quick drive to town!
Experiences: Some young female bragged about pioneering right out of high school because she had the "perfect" circumstances. She only worked part time one day a week, and lived at home with her parents. She had a hard struggle to keep pioneering as the years went by, but by only working that one day a week, still living at home, and now DEPENDING ON HER HUSBAND and praying she was able to keep pioneering. (What a leech!)
Watchtower discussion: The usual parade of parrots chirping their rehearsed canned answers. And the "conductor" spouting off how witnesses have happy lives, happy marriages, happy...happy...happy.
5) How can marriage mates and parents fulfill the law of Christ? In marriage remember the man is the boss. Parents train your kids to ask other people for advice when they need to make a decision. And do not play school sports, get a better education, or plan for the future monetarily.
6) How can you fulfill the law of Christ at school? School is full of pressure from wicked people. They will pressure you to follow Satan by dating, playing school sports, or by experimenting with homosexual sex. Don't text pictures of yourself in a swimming suit to a boy who sent you a selfie taken at a gym.
Song and announcement(s): Read the accounts report. Announced the mandatory deficit and reminded everyone that Jehovah loves a cheerful giver. Boxes are there to put your contribution in , and we have two machines for those of you who would rather use your ATM/credit cards.
7) How can we love others, just as Jesus loved us? Witnesses show love to their brothers after natural disasters. The "branch" big-wig gave an experience about a flood in Texas (USA) where an entire street of homes were totally demolished. One elderly JDub widow had her home completely gutted and restored even better than new. They even added an extra room. Meanwhile a (wicked) Catholic widow across the street sat in her pile of rubble watching what was going on. A couple JDub females saw a dog that had returned to the demolished house next door to the Witness widow's house and saw it looking forlorn and it was starting to rain so they got a small table and put over the dog, Then they got some food and water for the dog, and put a tarp over it to keep it dry. The (wicked) Catholic woman was so impressed she said she would talk to the witnesses next time they came to her home, she never had let them talk before. I wondered WHAT HOME? Wouldn't it have made more sense to show compassion to that (wicked) Catholic woman instead of the damned dog?!!??? We also show love by respecting each other. MS should respect elders, elders should respect circuit overseers, circuit overseers should respect branch personnel, branch personnel should respect the governing body, and of course the Ama-Ah'rets should respect all of the above. Now who says the Jdubs do not have a clergy/laity division?
Thank for sharing this burden...I think I may even be able to hold down supper now!