carl kunde dies at silverdome

by kilroy2 19 Replies latest jw experiences

• kilroy2
    kilroy2

last year they told the people from the platform that they sould not drink or eat during the session. I guess this year they told them to drink through out the session to keep form dehidrating. see how the light gets brighter and brighter. drink in due session.

• obiwan
    obiwan

How can an indoor arena NOT be air conditioned? ...Translation, Michigan is cheap!

• Black Man
    Black Man

oh, there's "air" at the Silverdome, it just happens to be 90 degree air that circulates around the dome.............

• teejay
    teejay

*added to my list of places NOT to visit: lesssseee... P.o.n.t.i.a.c S.i.l.v.e.r.d.o.m.e ...*

• tazmaniac
    tazmaniac

I remember being at an assembly at the civic center in Providence RI. One year the AC broke down. It was horrible. People were fainting. I wonder how many got baptized just to cool down. LOL !!

• chester
    chester
    We were at the silver dome and 8 old people collapsed from the heat

I was at that assembly and remember it well. One of those old people was from my old congregation.

• petespal2002
    petespal2002

You should try the MEN Arena at Manchester UK. When I have been there for concerts it's been great, but for assemblies, oh dear lord! Something about the time of year perhaps?

• RPM
    RPM

I never did attend a District Convention meeting at Pontiac Silverdome during that brief period that I had attended Kingdom Hall meetings with my Aunt and Cousin.

I had like considered attending and stuff, I 1st I didn't think I would cause of like what if I wasn't gonna be able to handle a big crowd like that or I dunno exactly what went through my mind on that one at the time.

I did later consider the idea especially when I heard about a chance of getting Free Books from Pioneers and I was like whoa coolness.

I did however miss the Convention but my Aunt had picked up a couple of books for me anyways I remember one was titled God's Word or Man's? and I think Questions Young People Ask was the other one as well.

I do remember though that yeah I was attending Kingdom Hall Meetings every Sunday and I was attending services at the House of the late Norma Simmons (Jehovah's Witness member, I remember her as a nice Lady I have no idea when she had died though) on Thursdays I had attended some Ministry School Classes on Tuesday but then later decided not to for a couple of reasons including that my Aunt hadn't allowed me to answer a great deal of the Questions at Ministry School.

However at Sunday Meetings I did of course get to answer some of the Doctrine Questions after we studied them outta the Watchtower Magazine.

Even though my Parents weren't exactly interested in becoming part of any religion they still aren't anyways they we're willing to let their children including me choose their own religion as well as whether or not we wanted to attend this or that place of Worship.

I happen to have Learning Disabilities and Emotional Issues to this day. Granted i've made a lot of Improvements over the years thanks to my Faith in Jesus Christ

In having faith in Jesus, he certainly has helped me handle the various Mental Issues a lot better than before I came to Faith.

But anyways before I had attended Kingdom Hall meetings I like well even though I was like yeah I believe in God and Jesus and I had watched Church Services on TV I had no desire for a time to go to an Actual Church and even though I had been invited to come to Kingdom Hall meetings at 1st I was like no but then finally I decided yes and at 1st improvements came such as my behavior had gotten better for a time.

I later went Overboard though, I admit that nowadays. Even after my Parents decided to quit letting me attend Kingdom Hall meetings it took awhile for me to decide I no longer believed Watchtower teachings. Even after that it took me even longer to actually come to Faith and Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior.

I am hoping many more who have believed Watchtower Teachings and/or been Baptized into the Jehovah's Witness Faith will come to Faith in Jesus Christ.

By the way noticing this spot pertained to Pontiac Silverdome anyways I am originally from Rochester Hills but I live in Saginaw County nowadays and back in 1989 I had attended meetings at the Auburn Heights Congregation Kingdom Hall located on a Road in Pontiac between Featherstone Road and University Drive I believe the road was Bay Street or somethign similar but anyways if you were an Attendee and/or Member of that very Congregation back in 1989 and have since become a Born Again Christian please E-Mail me Ryan McReynolds at [email protected]om

I got mistakenly referred to as Young Brother Hart a couple of times since I had attended meetings with my Aunt and Cousin and their last name is Hart which happens to be my Mom's Maiden name.

Anyways I don't remember names of all who were members considering I didn't get to know everyone but no matter who you are if you are a Born Again Christian who attended Kingdom Hall Meetings in 1989 and had been a Believer and/or Baptized member of the Auburn Heights Congregation please feel Free to E-Mail me. In factif you are still a member of the Jehovah's Witness faith feel free to E-Mail me as well.

Sincerely

Ryan Phillip Hart McReynolds

1989 Auburn Heights Congregation Kingdom Hall attendee

• kitties_and_horses_oh_my!
    kitties_and_horses_oh_my!

I'm sorry to hear of the death, it's very sad. When I was growing up we attended conventions in Corvallis, Oregon, at the local college (indoor) stadium. I routinely got sick from the heat, often to the point of throwing up.

• kilroy2
    kilroy2

when I was a kid we used to go to the 8 day yes 8 day in a noncovered arena in canada.

This was before sunscrean, the burns and news papor hats, mothers trying to cover the babys from the son.

Do you really expect anything more form a org. that said that vaxcines were from the devil and that aluminium was the devil's metal?

They have been cracking off $hit for 135 years and the rank and file still follow them.

I have no sympathy for the people that after all these years cant or wont see the bull crap they eat every day and say mmmmm more please. the really bad part is the kids that dont have a chance to live.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit