Do You Have the "I Was Just A Publisher" Mentality?

by minimus 23 Replies latest jw friends

• roybatty
    roybatty

I feel like an idiot whenever I tell people that I was an elder. All that time and effort wasted. At least the "smart" publisher realized what a hassle being an elder was and didn't "reachout" for this goal.

• pamkw
    pamkw

I always had the I don't need a man making my decisions for me attitude. It really pissed off my uncle and brother in law, who both told me that they would help me make decisions for my son, since I didn't have a head. I have a fine head all my own ,and I didn't need to borrow theirs. They both told my mom the same thing, they would help her with spiritual matters since her husband was not a jw, and so she did not have a head.

If you were an unmarried woman in the org, you might as well have been a piece of furniture. It took me a long time build my self-esteem. (Now I have too much, lol) It made me so mad. Men (elders and others) were always trying to tell me where to work, or what to do with my kids, because I must not be very smart, I didn't have a man.

My totally independent attitude is probably why I am single today. I would love to have someone to share my life with, but I will not give up who I am to any one.

Pam, no longer a headless woman

• minimus
    minimus

Pam, just stay quiet, please.

• core
    core

No

I regret my years as an elder - what a waste of time and energy - I was left draned and destroyed from trying to helping the 'publishers'

Regularly WT magazine said "if you have a problem call an elder" " the elders will help" "elders are waiting to help you".

Many publishers enjoyed their "lowly" status as it was in some way that they were superior as I and other hard working elders ran around after them like scalded cats. Never again - what a theft of my familys time.

Yes I regret supporting the WT and disfellowshipping people etc as an elder and yes I do feel responsible for my actions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit