UK Government says thieves need protection

by Jayson 15 Replies latest social current

• Valis
    Valis

Not really no Eman..I have been in my youth, known to venture around places that look abandoned or unused...just for a goof or being inquisitive....it would be an ugly thing if a kid was shot just for goofing...

We have a simmilar situation on the Texas/Mexico border. The illegal immigrants use several ranches to bypass checkpoints for entry into the states....well they steal and leave trash and bodies sometimes and tear up fences along a vast vast border, and many times murdered ranchers in their own homes. Well, now they've gone to enforcing the no trespassing signs with guns...which is getting them sued by some of the illegal immigrants who claim they were mistreated or robbed themselves. Just kind of the same deal I might share w/you freaks.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

E'Man,

I apologize for my cynicism, but it is one developed from a natural amazement at how the law can be misused to protect the guilty.

A number of years ago my father was walking home with my mother from a restaurant when three thugs set upon my mother with an eye for her handbag, while he was getting his car. My father quickly arrived on the scene and though he was fifty-six at the time and these thugs were in their early twenties he laid into the three of them. The result was two broken noses, a broken arm and one unconscious thug. My father had bruised knuckles.

My mother called the police who hauled of the three ex-Borstal boys. A few weeks later my father was arrested and questioned about the incident and charged for using ‘excessive force’ to restrain these people. He eventually had to pay compensation to them and received a police record for his efforts. The reason for the charge of ‘excessive force’ being levied was that it became known ( thank-you mother! ) that *thirty-four* years earlier he had been part of an elite army combat unit during WWII and received ‘special training’.

Best regards - HS

• Simon
    Simon

I think the Martin case and others like it are appaling - there is FAR too much protection of low-life scum.

Don't want to be shot at or hurt when robbing someone? DONT ROB THEM !!!

It's their choice and as far as I'm concerned, they forfeit all of their 'human rights' when they deny other the right to live in piece.

I am not for vigilantiesm (people taking to the streets or going of to exact revenge and so on) but when someone else starts something, then anything is selfe-defense.

• Bendrr
    Bendrr

It just makes me sad to think that society is heading in a direction like this. What's next? If a person stops a burglary without injuring or killing the thief, just sends them away empty handed, the thief can call the law to help him take what he wanted? You may say ridiculous, but given the seemingly greater consideration for "rights" that the law gives criminals these days, well it don't take much of a stretch of the imagination.

Mike.

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Criminals who come into my home and could kill my wife and I? Hang 'em high. Tony Martin for President!

ash

• Gadget
    Gadget

When people are caught committing a crime, justice needs to be done, but its also needs to be seen to be done. People see criminals getting off on technicalities, or being given stupidly light sentances. In prisons you see the same people coming in regularly on short sentances. They know they are not going to be harshly punished at court, and going to have an easy time in prison so they carry on committing crimes. As long as the public see this happening their is going to be vigilanty's, and more people like Tony Martin.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit