Everybody has at least one!

by plmkrzy 52 Replies latest jw friends

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

What song makes you turn up the car radio and start singing!

Everybody has at least one! song that kicks in the automatic pilot and takes over.

I heard a bunch of "Steely Dan" on the radio today and most of the songs I had completely forgotten about. They made some good songs in the 70's/80's

Some songs I automaticlly start singing with, can't help it

Are you reelin' in the Years...doodoodododooo....stowin' away the time...dododdododdoodo......Are you gatherin' up the tears.......have you had enough of mine......You've been tellin' me you're a genius since you were seventeen.....In all the time I've known you I still don't know what you mean......The week-end at the college didn't turn out like you planned.....The things that count for knowledge I can;'t understand.......Are you reelin' in the years.....Steely Dan
    Rikki Don't Lose That Number you don't wanna call nobody else...send it off in a letter....to yourself...Steely Dan

Peg....Steely Dan

Dirty Work, III don't waaanna dooo your dirty work......Steely Dan

Do it again
    ....In the mornin you go gunnin'
    .....For the man who stole your_____
    ......you go back jack do it again.........Steely Dan
    The Band
    "Up On Cripple Creek" The Band
    She sends me
    If I spring a leak she mends me
    I don't have to speak
    She defends me
    A truckers dream if I ever did see one.
    "Weight"
    I pulled into nazerath
    I was feelin bout half passed dead .......The Band
    "Levon" Elton John
    plum
  • Thunder Rider
    Thunder Rider

Just about anything form Van Halen. Jump, Panama, Hot for Teacher.

Dire Straits Walk of Life.

• CC Ryder
    CC Ryder

Collective Soul "Shine" and "Heavy", Talking Heads "Burning down the House", Stevie Winwood "Freedom Overkill", Eric Clapton "Bell Bottom Blues" and "Layla". There are so many. But these are some of my favorites that get me singing.

CC

Oh Yeah...One more good one is Mountain "Mississppi Queen"

• Brummie
    Brummie

I'm hooked on a song called "me & my bitch" by Jaheim at the moment, everytime it comes on I'm lost in the music!

Bummie

• AlanF
    AlanF

Oh yeah!

Dire Straits, Credence, Santana, Ottmar Liebert, Tom Grant, Elvis, The Police, Steely Dan, Buddy Holly, Roy Orbison, Stevie Ray Vaughn, early Beatles, Stevie Wonder, The Shirelles, Fleetwood Mac, Hall & Oates, Hiroshima, Alan Parson's Project, Allman Brothers, The Doors, Jerry Lee Lewis, etc etc etc.

AlanF

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Led Zeppelin probably does it for me more than anything, but I sing along with the radio quite a bit when I'm in the car, been busted a few times for it (people looking at me and I didn't realize it) but oh well.

Last night at the Karaoke bar I sang "White Room" (didn't go over as well as I thought it would) and "Crazy Little Thing Called Love" (went over better).

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

Gosh...where do you begin?

Heart, Stevie Ray Vaughn, John Mayer, Melissa Etheridge, Sheryl Crow, Train, Creed, Van Halen (the Sammy Hagar years..don't hate me), Trick Pony, Pink, Eric Clapton, Lyle Lovett, Patsy Cline, Bonnie Raitt (my favorite)...too too many to list.

Yes, it's true. I car-dance.

Arrowstar

• Aztec
    Aztec
    I car-dance

So do I! I can't even imagine the strange looks I must get..LOL!

This morning I heard "Tainted Love" by Soft Cell. I couldn't help but sing along LOUDLY! That song and "Gimme the Car" by Violent Femmes are my songs.

~Aztec

• arrowstar
    arrowstar
    So do I! I can't even imagine the strange looks I must get..LOL!

Car-dancing is such fun. I think sometimes I dance more when I catch someone watching me. Who cares what they think? I'm doing this for me....singing loud and movin' to the groove...

now why am I hearing "play that funky music" in my head...?

I need help professional help...

Arrowstar

• Aztec
    Aztec

Dancin' and singin'
    and movin' to the groovin'
    And just when it hit me somebody turned around and shouted
    Play that funky music white boy
    Play that funky music right
    Play that funky music white boy
    Lay down that boogie and play that funky music till you die

Gotta love Wild Cherry eh Arrow?