Japan Probe into Child Rearing Practices of JW's

by Sea Breeze 10 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

Apparently in response to the probe of JW's in Japan, the WT is seeking positive stories of JW's child-rearing practices:

From Reditt:

PID.DE@jw.org

To: pid.de@jw.org

RE: URGENT: Request for assistance

Dec 1, 2023 at 18:31:04 GMT

Dear sisters and brothers,

We are writing to you today about a sensitive and very urgent matter in which we would like to ask for your help.

In a short-term meeting today, we learned that we have the great privilege of assisting World Headquarters with a very important project.

What is the problem?

Our brothers and sisters in Japan are currently struggling with a serious problem: a new ministry, which has only been in office for about a year, unfortunately assumes that the child-rearing practices of Jehovah's Witnesses are harming the children and even constitute a form of "child abuse." represents. This is of course a worrying development.

How can you help?

We are looking for positive statements from authorities, but also from experts such as school directors, teachers, professors, academics, etc. e.g. B. on the following topics:

On the experience of raising children of parents who are Jehovah's Witnesses general (loving, caring, balanced upbringing, appropriate interest in children)

For material for children and young people on jw.org

About children of Jehovah's Witnesses (e.g. are not conspicuous at school, but are exemplary; do not take drugs, are not criminals; are well integrated, balanced, etc.)

About the positive contributions of our young people to society

We would be pleased if you would comment on these points in your respective role - if possible on an official letterhead that shows your current role. We are of course also very interested in further statements from outsiders. Can you perhaps think of colleagues or other people who could make well-founded statements in this context? If so, please contact these people as quickly as possible and ask them for a written statement (if possible on official letterhead). IMPORTANT: The desired statements, which do not have to be long, should not refer to Japan but rather the wording should be general. It is also best not to address a specific person but rather “to whom it may concern” (“Dear Sir or Madam” or “to the responsible authority”).

When addressing outsiders, you could justify the request by saying that a newly founded ministry in an Asian country that has no experience with Jehovah's Witnesses is prejudiced against Jehovah's Witnesses due to misinformation. our religious minority has. The European perspective would certainly be helpful to them, as they have had experience with Jehovah's Witnesses for decades. We ask you not to mention “Japan”, but to clarify the desired direction and the urgency of the request.

Deadline:

We need the statements within the next week.

We consider it a privilege to partner with you in this important effort to help “defend and legally establish the good news.”​—Phil. 1:7. Please make this matter the subject of your personal prayers. We have full confidence that Jehovah will bless our joint efforts to bring glory to his name.​—2 Cor. 10:4, 5; Isa. 54:17.

One final request: please treat the information confidentially and do not forward this email without consultation!

Thank you very much in advance for your valuable support and have a nice weekend

Your brothers

Central Europe branch office

Public relations

Am Steinfels 1, 65618 Selters (Taunus)

Email: pid.de@jw.org

Tel.: +49 6483 41-3110

• Listener
    Listener
    newly founded ministry in an Asian country that has no experience with Jehovah's Witnesses is prejudiced against Jehovah's Witnesses due to misinformation.

Calling the Japanese Government Ministry prejudiced and misinformed in relation to a religion may not be appreciated

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

It's interesting that their approach is to ask for examples of JW parents or children who are doing a good job. Nothing about doctrines or rules or expectations, which is what an inquiry would most likely be searching for. After all, what if the good parents and children are the exception? What if they're doing a good job by not following WTS guidelines?

• was a new boy
    was a new boy
    Please kindly keep your eyes on the situation of Jehovah’s Witnesses in Japan. https://jz-help.translate.goog/10-dezember-20

Replying to
    Every exjw that is able to write their personal letter of their personal experiences of abuses to these SAME individuals that Watchtower is trying to appeal to. The MORE we collectively do this the more it will expose how watchtower is NOT being whole soul truthful in their claim

Replying to
    There are also many mental health professionals who have debunked Watchtower's harmful rules & policies. Example; Steven Hassan & others like him. We can all collectively get in contact with them and inform them of the seriousness of the issues at hand. Mr. Hassan has a website

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

Thanks for that link WANB !

I will be writing my experience growing up as a JW and sending it to them. I would ljke to encourage anyone who grew up a JW to do the same. We owe it to our neighbor and posterity.

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

The sleaze is palpable! 😡

• was a new boy
    was a new boy
    【Please RP】My humble request Could you kindly RP this post or share this YouTube-URL anywhere widely. As the number of views increases, JPN mass media will be more interested in JW, and the easier it will be for the government to take more actions.

translated
    '... (Mr. Natsuno) ``He would take my underwear and slap me with my butt exposed.In my family, when I was little, it was a slap, and then my father's leather belt.''

Nana Natsuno is a third-generation Jehovah's Witness. Her grandmother and father are still believers.

I ran away from home in middle school and have been living alone ever since.Natsuno's family believed in Jehovah's Witnesses, a Christian religious group.
    The teaching is that all of society will be destroyed in the coming Armageddon, but only Jehovah's Witness believers will survive and gain eternal life.

The New World Translation, the Bible translated by the cult, says, ``He who refrains from the rod hates children.'' It is the parents' responsibility to protect their children's lives by punishing them with the whip.

Because he believed in the teachings of this cult, the punishment escalated and the child was deeply hurt.(Mr. Natsuno) ``I seriously worried about when to commit suicide every day.''

• was a new boy
    was a new boy
    Translated from Japanese by
    'For the same purpose, Nippon Television has a site where you can post your opinions and impressions about NNN Documents, the topics you would like covered, and the provision of information. If you could post your thoughts, I would definitely appreciate it as it would definitely help reporters to further deepen their understanding of the Jehovah's Witnesses issue ↓'

• was a new boy
    was a new boy

You Tube comment -

"@user-takamin- 54 minutes ago

I always think that it is a problem to believe only one-sided testimony and criticize it. Since we distribute a large number of pamphlets around the world every month, there is irrefutable "physical evidence" of what is being conveyed, and even on the official website, you can look back 60 years. Before bashing them, I think it would be better to at least look into what both sides have to say."

70 years ago

• Mikejw
    Mikejw

I do remember when I was a boy, exactly what the highlighted part said being talked about a lot.

Doctor Spock who was one of the experts at the time wrote his first book saying don’t hit your child at all. Then he updated his view saying “the only thing that book was good for was to hit your child with it.”

yes he really said that I can’t find it now maybe the internet is trying to hide it but I remember it clearly being talked about in the congregation.

JWs had to defend their stance on hitting children. They thought it was Satans world who said don’t hit them and Jehovah wants you to hit them. Of course they put it another way and use that scripture about not sparing the rod.

They have flip flopped these days saying it’s the rod of discipline and not literally hitting them with a rod.

but when I was young it was understood to be a literal rod, I remember talks about it and the general feeling that they were right, they were so sure of it. All those parents in Satans world had it wrong not to hit their children and we are so grateful to have Jehovah to tell us to hit your children and they will thank you for it when they grow up. Well I’m grown up and I don’t thank my dad for hitting me so much

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit