Exile

by Big Tex 24 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Okay Sheila, time for me to put my dunce cap on. What's the difference between a short story and a short narrative? I think I've asked you that before, but I have splinters in the windmills of my mind, so I don't think it stayed there.

Actually I don't think I can make it much longer. This kind of came out organically. It's a bit rough around the edges I know, but I'm still learning.

teejay, you're an agent? Hello Friend!

• teejay
    teejay

Naw, Buddy.

But I figure that with writing as good as yours, you're not going to need much seasoned representation. I'll be able to walk into the room, say "read this" and then wait to answer the question: "how much do y'all want?" I should be able to handle that.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Sort of like, "SHOW ME THE MONEY!", eh?

Well when it comes to money I am Forrest Gump. I don't get it. All I know is I never have enough. Somehow those little numbers in the right column never match the little numbers in the left.

Numbers and me do not get along.

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Teejay: It is a little more difficult than that, even for those very talented as BT is.

BigT: The differnce in the two is length. A narrative is usually anywhere from a page to 5 then after that is the short story. Their are memoirs I will send you my John Schultz book after this class is done and it will help you realize what yours is for your submission. They are very picky and if you send them a narrative and they want a memoir etc. you get your hard work trashed.

Wish you were up here my writer's group has a couple that are published in it. Most have either Masters degrees or Doctorates. It is something I wish you could experience.

• asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir

(snif)

Geez, Tex...I was OK until the words "her boy"...

Next time you might post something this good you might add a little warning not to read at work

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit