New JWism in April broadcast?

by AuntBee 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AuntBee
    AuntBee

Does anyone know what it means to be "securely wrapped up in the bag of life"? Is this a new special WT terminology? They said it or a slight variant of it, several times in the broadcast, perhaps 3? I know that JWs assert that everything they put out is "Bible based" but i don't remember seeing that phrase in Scripture.

Does this sound appealing to be wrapped up in a bag, even if it is the bag of life? Are they just getting even weirder lately?

Thanks ahead of time for any insight anyone may be able to provide.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Lol, I can't watch that crap but it sounds funny. Like how you're not supposed to play with bags and put them over your head because they might cause suffocation. Suffocation is more the style of the JW cult.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

That one takes the cake, er, garlic bread.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    aunt - Does this sound appealing to be wrapped up in a bag, even if it is the bag of life?

I've never heard this before. I've got a 'bag for life' from Tesco, not that the Jobos would be interested.

Are they just getting even weirder lately?

Even more so, on a daily basis.

It's as if they're trying to be more retarded than the Scientologists.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

No its an expression they have used before. Its 1 sam 25:29 ... weird and culty yes, but not new

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Was 1 Samuel 25:29 used as a scripture?

NWT:
    When someone rises up to pursue you and seeks your life, the life of my lord will be wrapped securely in the bag of life with Jehovah your God, but the lives of your enemies he will hurl away like stones from a sling

Huh. It sounds like the GB is a little worried about something

*most other translations use "bundle of the living" instead of "bag" (except for one...that uses God's "treasure pouch"...which sounds a bit obscene)

http://biblehub.com/1_samuel/25-29.htm

**ha! Morph...you beat me to it

• AuntBee
    AuntBee

OrphanCrow - "a little worried about something". They also had a theme of staying in the "spiritual protection" of Jehovah('s organization), which was repeated several times in different segments.

• sir82
    sir82

The guy who was the "host" (already forgot his name) was awfully dry.

There seems to be a race to the bottom at Bethel - "who will win the award as the most achingly boring speaker we can produce?"

• Betheliesalot
    Betheliesalot

Iv heard of the circle of life...not long before we get a long article about how a circle is the same as a bag, you know, example grace= undeserved kindness, torture stake= cross, lucky=fortunate...watchtower speak

• sparky1
    sparky1

Did you mean............bag of SHIT!?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit