chelmsford progress

by stan livedeath 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen
    there’s nothing special about being a woman here. And that means that female workers want to stay on the project,

Yeah because within the JW a construction site is the only place a woman is allowed to 1) do what men are allowed to do and 2) use their brains.

Everywhere else in JW only men are allowed to do and think (sadly they never really do), women just have to sit and be silent.

No wonder JW women like the building projects. Finally some feeling of worthiness and purpose. Finally they see actual results for their hard work (as opposed to field service).

• btlc
    btlc

Lol on the comments under the article, just like comments on the meeting, self glorifying crap. I wonder how much female civil engineers and supervisors are there or any other JW construction site.

• DanShanks
    DanShanks

Chelmsford is soooooooooooo over the top luxurious. Its like a health spa for old people. The sauna and hot tub are some of the top of the range in the world. The pool and health spa sections are way over the top.

The massage and reflexology departments are all by 'volunteer' sisters who get hours credited to their pioneering to come massage the older men. I wonder what else they will get upto?????????????

Why do they need such luxury?

What will they all do all day? There is only so much cleaning and cooking that can be done, what else will people do for work?

They dont actually produce anything, so what are all the hundreds of 'worker' supposed to do all day?

• Half banana
    Half banana

Is it just possible that there is a legacy of the legal entity IBSA at work?

The name at the British Branch HQ Mill Hill was "IBSA" at the 1990 (ish) development as I remember, and not "Watchtower".

Could this have to do with the old name for the WT giving certain financial privileges to the subsequent holders to the title or non-profit 'shareholders'. Or for that matter was profit involved and hence the need to keep alive the old name? I am without insider knowledge and only ask so as to explore every avenue.

Whatever! Chelmsford's earlier ambitions are surely now sunk and the need for the development is redundant. Watchtower hype is always a dud.

The upper echelon of bethel oldies are given an earthly reward of a retirement flat within the compound. But I guess the org will not loose out investing as they and all religions do by putting their true valuables in bricks and mortar.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit