Will there ever be an accounting for religious leaders that go beyond what's written?

by Chook 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Chook
    Chook

All including WT prophets may be surprised

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Probably not, I fear.

The only thing I can think of is the paedophile situation within the WT (and any other organisations).

That is a very serious matter against vulnerable people, perhaps unlike other issues where people have chosen to get involved with religion.

• fokyc
    fokyc

My wife assures me so!

The elders etc. will be surprised after the lies they have told me!

• DJS
    DJS

Don't know, but the bigger problem is 'what's written.'

• kpop
    kpop

Does it matter? Will the governments ever say that cults are not allowed?

• pbrow
    pbrow

right on djs ... As long as we have religious freedom (and im hoping that is for a long time) "what is written" will always be the more important question.

pbrow

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Will there ever be an accounting for religious leaders that go beyond what's written?

Who will bring them into account?

• just fine
    just fine

People willingly believe what they want to believe. They don't have to be misled. They allow others to take control of their lives.

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel

Yes. That is a consensus among most witnesses, at least in my area. They will have to tell Jehovah and he will judge.

{/end of sarcasm/]

But really, cults love people who can self justify their suffering this way.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I really do hope that those at the top of the heap in the JW Org SCAM are held to account.

After all, they are money grubbing liars who really do not care how many of the ordinary JW's die because of their greed and avarice.

They KNOW the Blood Doctrine is total bollocks, and have been trying for the last decade or so to reverse out of it so they don't get their asses sued off.

How callous, and indeed, MURDEROUS is that ?

I do hope they face Criminal charges....... soon.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit