Are you a woman? Do you know one?

by dubstepped 18 Replies latest jw experiences

• zeb
    zeb

At the ARC the elder giving evidence saisd they destroy notes because they didnt want their wives getting their hands on them. Yes it was as blunt as that.

Here is another view of women presented by J Zelda of the wt view. Any feminist sisters out there?https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfLlDsQFmy4

Live long and prosper peace.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

I never mind a helping hand SIAR2. :)

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

I have no clue what Zeb's post above has to do with the podcast other than that it's about women. Seems kind of derailing a bit. Women certainly have issues in the dubs as well. This lady in the FLDS was on another level.

• TD
    TD

This lady in the FLDS was on another level.

Yes

By an order of magnitude, from what I've seen.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped
    @TD - When my wife had her wisdom teeth extracted last year she wanted to binge watch some shows together and one that she picked out was Handmaid's Tale. So we watched it, and honestly I had to take breaks after each one because they were so bleak and just awful. Then I met Brenda, and found out that the show could have been based, in part, on what it was like for women in the FLDS. It is about the worst thing for women that I've come across. They are simply slaves and baby making machines. I'm amazed that she was able to escape and stand up for herself in that cult. Now Warren Jeffs has decreed from prison that nobody can have sex in the cult, period. He grew this sex crazed weird culture where abuse is rampant and then shut off the ability for the adult men and women to have sex, so the women can't bear children anymore which is their way to heaven or whatever, and it is rumored that the men, who have been known to abuse girls anyway, have taken to that even more. It's just so grim.
  • TD
    TD

Yes. Years and years ago, my work took me through remote areas of Northern AZ. At first, the communities looked quaint in a charming sort of way. The reality didn't dawn on me immediately.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Like most things, you don't know what you don't know.

Someone on reddit sent me pics of their basketball goals without hoops. Just a pole and backboard. Fun was outlawed at a point too.

Apparently Jeffs being in prison is the fault of the people too. If they had the faith that they should have then he would be out. Shame on them.

I've never been out west. It would be so creepy now to see it in person.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

No, and I don't.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

@Nathan - Well then, here's your chance to change that. Listen to the podcast and you'll finally feel like you know one. ;)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit