Michael died twice for JW's sins.

by moomanchu 11 Replies latest jw friends

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Forget it, no one died for JW's sins. 😂

Or anybody else`s sins for that matter .

In this day and age it still boggles my mind that anybody still believes the BIBLE is the word of a GOD ? Seriously ?

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

moomanchu: Luke traces Mary's blood line to King David. Why do this if her egg wasn't used?

I'm not religious, so I'm not defending this as fact. But I think we tend to get unnecessarily far into the weeds with this stuff.

The tracing of the blood line could be symbolic. I think one of the gospels traces it to Mary, and the other traces it to Joseph (who couldn't have contributed DNA to the process, if we accept the story as told). These were people who didn't understand genetics or know about DNA, so they may not have been put off if they'd known all the details. The mechanics of it shouldn't matter, so long as god gets the result he wants- a growing human skin suit that he can inhabit with one-third of himself, in order to sacrifice it to pay himself a debt on behalf of humanity.

Which he could have done by, you know... forgiving us. Something humans do all the time without bloodshed.

In any case, once we introduce magic into the mix, the rules of logic and nature have to be bent or broken to accommodate it. Trying to reason it out seems futile.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit