Imagine a Company Sells You a Product...

by TTATTelder 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TTATTelder
    TTATTelder

Imagine a company sells you a product... You like the product and begin to do more business with them.

Then one day this company demands that you never visit any of their competitors for the rest of your life. They also add that you are never allowed to read a negative customer review about their company or products for the rest of your life.

Actually this company threatens you with a humiliating future death if you engage in either of these activities....

How does that sound to you? Sound reasonable? ...................Of course not!!!

You would assume you stumbled into some mafia business or drug cartel and would run for the hills!!!

You may even feel compelled (and rightly so) to warn others about this company and its tactics.

Well.....I just described the "Customer Retention Plan" of the Watchtower and its governing body:

Competitors = Babylon the Great

Negative Customer Reviews = Apostate Material

Humiliating Future Death = Armageddon 

Warn Others = You Are Now an Apostate

If you are reading this and you are a current Jehovah's Witness, ask yourself this:

• Do these tactics sound like the business practices of a good Christian company?
    • Would you ever do business with a company that employed such practices?
    • Then why do you worship at one?

Something worth thinking about.....

-TE

• cappytan
    cappytan
    Whew, for a second I thought you were talking about my Apple products.
  • pixel
    pixel
    True.
  • joe134cd
    joe134cd
    I always use the illustration of. How would you feel if just before you were to purchase a car, the dealer informed you not to look at reviews of the car on the internet, because they were full of malicious lies from ex owners. My theory is if you wouldn't buy a car like that then don't expect someone to chose a religion like that.
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Good analogy      When you get baptized in the religion, you have to make vow of allegiance to the GB leaders of the WTS.  and there are many propagations created why it would good for one to stay avowed to these men.

When you become a JWS you don't make a vow to Jehovah you a make a subservient vow to the WTS. which leads and persuades people toward the instilled corruption of this religious publishing house.

"Customer Retention Plan" it is , another thing to mention is the taking away of your family who are too scared to leave the Watchtower cult if you do leave.       

• Half banana
    Half banana

A powerful illustration TTATTe...the realisation of the parallel would startle anyone with minimum reasoning ability who has just begun to learn about JWs.

I wonder though, how such a message might come to the notice of zombified, Jdubs with hermetically sealed information input?

• quest81
    quest81
    Brilliant analogy TE. I might use it in a future conversation with my wife.
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Well hey if a car dealer knew about one of their sales people saying discrediting things about the cars they were selling, you might expect that this person would taken to a back room and asked what the they were up to and probably asked if they were truly devoted to the car company and its products.

This could also included how they were dressed and how they were behaving in front of customers.

The company wants to uphold a clean image around itself you know.   

If the ensuing answer was negative, one could assume that they would be disfellowshipped from the company

or placed on watchful prohibitory trial to evaluate if they were repetitive upon their behavior  

• TTATTelder
    TTATTelder

Thanks for the comments everybody...

Well hey if a car dealer knew about one of their sales people saying discrediting things about the cars they were selling, you might expect that this person would taken to a back room and asked what the they were up to and probably asked if they were truly devoted to the car company and its products. - Fink

Interesting point. I assume the car dealer is paying the car salesperson to represent them? When you are the employer you have certain rights as far as what you can expect from your employee. They literally buy those rights by handing the salesperson a paycheck. Those rights are not the same for the relationship between the car dealer and the car-buying customer. 

I would argue that the typical JW is more of a customer than an employee. I've never received a paycheck from Brooklyn. Most people I know haven't. :) Interesting point still though.

-TE

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Great illustration!

Thanks for sharing.... This will be put to good use to get some brain dead witnesses thinking!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit