Convention In The News "...all questions regarding Jehovah's Witnesses are welcome"

by pale.emperor 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

http://www.wday.com/news/4291635-thousands-plan-gather-jehovahs-witness-dont-give-convention

This weekend thousands of people are gathering at the Scheels Arena in celebration of their faith.

Jehovah's Witnesses from around the world are assembling for the "Don't Give Up" convention.

The morning starts with a music presentation and then continues on through the day with prayer, song, and speeches.

The theme centers around supporting each other and including everyone in the good will.

Everyone is invited and all questions regarding Jehovah's Witnesses are welcome.

Really? All questions are welcome? So we can ask how the GB receive new light without being inspired? We can ask about the Royal Commission? We can ask what the WT said about 1975?

"And when you're here it's like an extended family that you're with, and so there are friends that you can just talk to anybody and get to know them really quickly. So we really enjoy that, and we get to see diversity and everything is so nice." says Brian and Michelle Staneart.

Unless of course you used to be a Jehovah's Witness, in which case you'll be promptly ignored. They should put that in the news report. Diversity? Do we see LGBT witnesses open and free to be who they are? Do we see women giving talks on the platform?

I've been to 30 conventions in my lifetime. Not once did i ever find that "you can just talk to anybody and get to know them really quickly."

The convention continues through Sunday night.

There's no charge but a freewill donation is being accepted.

Ka-ching! Wonder what the "deficit" will be this year.

• Chook
    Chook

It's a modern Jonestown dishing out the koolaid for the children, following the money is the root of all crime , Pale I remember cooking the meals at conventions, all circuses need the clowns fed.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

The theme centers around supporting each other and including everyone in the good will.

Support and inclusion are words I've never seen or heard any JW using, ever.

• tepidpoultry
    tepidpoultry

What is a "freewill" donation? Do you mean that I will only be GUILTED into giving the same as every other religion under the sun as opposed to say actually tackling me and going through my wallet? Will I be allowed to keep my ice cream money?

:0)

• krismalone
    krismalone

Really? Any questions are allowed?

01. Was C.T. Russel guided by the holy spirit when he predicted the end for 1914 and then changed it to 1915?

02. Was C.T. R. Guided by Gods spirit when he taught phrenology and pyramidology?

03. Why did C.T.R. abandon Nelson Barbour over doctrinal dispute, yet no JW today is allowed to do the same as they will be called apostates and mentally diseased and running ahead of Gods chariot?

04. Why was Rutherford allowed to proclaim himself as a "Judge" and advertised as "Judge" Rutherford if JW's tell everyone that they don't accept titles like Reverend or Father? BTW Rutherford was never an official Judge so why did he lie and no one stopped him?

05. Did God guide Rutherford to predict the end of the world for 1918, 1925 & 1941? If not, where did he get those ideas from?

06. Did the WT refund the money donated by their followers for building a mansion in San Diego for Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, David and others? Why on earth would these prophets want to live in San Diego?

07. If JW's are not a cult, why are JW's obligated to accept without question whatever the GB says is truth even though it may change in a couple of weeks?

08. Why is there no mention of the Douglas Walsh 1954 trial where H.D. Covington admits that the Unity of the WT organization is "unity at all cost" even if it means accepting false doctrine? (See transcript) Any JW refusing to accept what the GB says will be df.

09. The brochure "face the facts" Rutherford predicted that Italy, Japan & Germany would win WW2 and conquer America and its allies. Why didn't this come true if Gods spirit directs the Orgnization?

10. How can the GB demand blind obedience from the followers when they have over 130 yrs of false prophecies?

11. Doesn't Deuteronomy 18:20-22 mean anything to JW's?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

all questions regarding Jehovah's Witnesses are welcome.

Image result for laughing hysterically

There's no charge but a freewill donation is being accepted.

What happens when the WBT$ doesn`t meet their "Hidden Admission Fee" for the assembly?

They ask for more money, right from the Friggin Stage!

"We can`t pay the (non-existent) bills, for the Assembly Hall." (we already own)

"We Need More Money!"...

Image result for jehovahs witness assembly speaker

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

"All questions are welcome? UNTIL we get you dunked....then there IS NO ROOM FOR QUESTIONS. Sit down and shut the hell up while we dole out the delicious spiritual food. "

• steve2
    steve2

Whatever happened to Russell's line that has remained in place across successive decades: "Seats Free. No Collection"?

Now it's: "There's no charge but a freewill donation is being accepted".

And, yes, as someone else asked, "What's a 'freewill donation'?" I'm assuming it means you're not cornered and asked to cough up a designated sum? Or in anyway whatsoever pressured to give anything at all? So, does that mean the convention will not provide feedback on "expenses" and amounts that congregations are expected to give to meet the expenses?

• EverApostate
    EverApostate
    Everyone is invited and all questions regarding Jehovah's Witnesses are welcome

Should have been.

Everyone except Apostates are invited and questions that we print out for you, to be asked, are welcome

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Sofia's reaction to "freewill donation"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit