China Crisis | 18 members of Jehovah's Witnesses arrested and indicted

by jwleaks 45 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• cofty
    cofty

DD - Are all laws worthy of respect? How about the Jim Crow laws or South Africa's apartheid laws?

How about the 1 million or more Uighur Muslims who are locked up in concentration camps for 'crimes' like praying to Allah?

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

That has nothing to do with it.

When you break the law you do so knowing that there may be consequences. If there was a law that I did not agree with I would have to make a decision as to whether or not I obey that law.

I never said that I approved of the laws in China. I merely stated that the witnesses know their activity is illegal and yet they chose to engage in that activity. There are consequences.

DD

• cofty
    cofty
    That has nothing to do with it.

Actually it has - which is why I mentioned it.

I never said that I approved of the laws in China. - DD

You never said you disagreed with China's totalitarian regime either. Not one word. You blithely blamed the victims.

Stating that challenging oppression has consequences is hardly an ethical insight.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I guess I have to say that I don’t agree with the Chinese totalitarian regime?? Lol.

If I had been a rebel soldier during the Revolutionary War, operating against the existing government and happened to be captured.... Consequences...

The Chinese government is possessed by their ideology and the Dubs are possessed by theirs. Neither situation is good. Sadly, the rank and file Dubs suffer the most.

The fact of the matter is that every Dub knows that witnessing in China is illegal. Totalitarian regimes suck and if you break the law there will be consequences. There’s no way around that.

DD

• Dmitry
    Dmitry
    Сorney Can you explain your "logic"? Now, when the confrontation between the US and China is escalating, and the US Government repeatedly accuses China of human rights violations, Watchtower's silence about those Witnesses proves... What does it prove? And can you provide a single fact really supporting your claim?

Yes of course! I am Ukrainian, so I regularly watch a tsunami propaganda lie that is pouring in the direction of Russia from JW. Russia is the main strategic opponent of the United States. The silence of JW can only be explained by the absence of a directive from above)

How can you explain complete silence? I have all the attention)

• Corney
    Corney

ROFLMAO

As I understand, it's your opinion that Watchtower criticize Russia not because Russian authorities have launched a war against Jehovah's Witnesses, routinely intimidate, harass, humiliate and imprison them, not because Russian cops torture them with total impunity, not because the state has robbed the org etc. etc. Watchtower does it just because of the Gosdep, right?

Also, did you spend the last two years in coma? The Trump administration considers China to be America's biggest enemy, and Trump is extremely reluctant even to criticize Russia or Putin. Another enemies are Iran, Cuba, Venezuela, and Syria; and Watchtower is virtually silent about that countries. How do you explain it?

No, I don't know exactly why Watchtower is silent in this case, and I'm not going to speculate. It doesn't make your "explanation" less ignorant and illogical.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

ZEB & SMIDDY3:

I agree. These JWs shouldn’t hold their breath waiting for help from the religion!

It is really tragic that the religion’s tenets put its members in the position that they feel they need to break the laws of whatever land they live in..You can’t be a passive JW, you have to be in people’s faces and end up getting beat up or murdered for it..You’re supposed to believe these are your beliefs and this is your stand.

These JWs around the world are going to get thrown under the bus and the religion itself will feel NOT a moment of discomfort. This is the tragedy.. They will be toasting their good health in their luxurious compound!

• Dmitry
    Dmitry
    Corney The Trump administration considers China to be America's biggest enemy, and Trump is extremely reluctant even to criticize Russia or Putin.

It is difficult to judge who is in the first place, Russia or China.

You speculate when you claim! The number of sanctions against Russia far exceeds the number against China.

Yes! I believe that the GB will not do anything about the international strategic opponents of the United States, without the orders of the State Department!

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Their have been executions of R&F / Missionary`s of Jehovah`s Witnesses in strictly Muslim Countries in recent years ,have we ever heard much from the GB / Organization protesting these deaths of people wanting to convert people to there faith ?

Or do they take the position that Jehovah`s Witnesses are not employees ,they are volunteers and the onus is on them on what they do.

It has nothing to do with us.

• Corney
    Corney
    It is difficult to judge who is in the first place, Russia or China.

VP Pence delivered an anti-China speech; analysts compare it to Churchill’s “iron curtain” speech of 1946.

VP Pence: "Perhaps the greatest challenge NATO will face in the coming decades is how we must all adjust to the rise of the People’s Republic of China." Newsweek: "Forget Russia, Mike Pence warns China will be one of NATO's greatest challenges in coming decades."

Washington Examiner: US Dept. of State is developing a 'new Cold War' strategy on China.

Is there something similar in respect to Russia?

I believe that the GB will not do anything about the international strategic opponents of the United States, without the orders of the State Department!

https://youtu.be/lN-Y242GOgk

I hope that someday you will be able to realize how stupid is this "explanation". Your baseless claim that the org is directed by the Gosdep isn't very different from claims that it's a spirit-directed or illuminati-directed. Just utterly ridiculous bullshit.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit