Back ground insight into the RC

by umbertoecho 10 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• umbertoecho
    umbertoecho

This is not an attack upon the RC. It is an example of the sheer volume of work they are dealing with and the scope of events they have dealt with.

I went to the RC support place here in WA. It seemed that many people (staff) were dropping out from this place due to illness, holiday's ..family ....and so on. Finally I emailed Sydney and asked about the rapid turn over of people. My statement was not as accurate as I wished it to be etc.... I was concerned that facts might be lost in a general "body" of my story......

One day, out of the blue. A woman phoned me from the support centre and advised me that there was a JW who had already given testimony and wanted to contact me. My reaction was to ask her if she had the backing of Sydney for this sort of contact. NO!. She didn't. She just thought it would be a good idea. I asked her if she was certain of this woman's identity. No! She said that a colleague of hers had suggested it. I asked her for her colleagues name. She said she could not give me it.

" So you want me to meet with a stranger, who comes recommended second hand, through a colleague whom you refuse to name. Are you serious?"

I suggested she phone Sydney and confirm if this was endorsed by them. No. She had not rung them and she would not give her work mates name. But!! She had phoned Sydney to get my registration number..............I butted in..."They won't give it to you, you know. You could be anyone, and they will never tell you who I am, where I am or anything else. So who are you to suggest I meet up with some stranger?" " I think you need to phone Sydney immediately and ask them for any permissions, before you go too far. Have you not thought that there is much at stake, that I was threatened with legal action in around 1999? Do you know how these revelation will affect this particular religion?" She could say nothing to these questions.

( I feel we need well trained psychologists to deal with the intricacies' if brain washing and will add that suggestion.)

And so it went. Out come? Sydney fired this woman for breaching trust. They brought my case forward as I had reached a some limit in my emotional strength. They act swiftly, keep me updated, don't hide away from a mistake........and never fail to phone or email.. This I can deal with. These are honest mistakes being corrected as they feel their way into this new territory.

This is why they brought my case forward.........I think. Good people. Just thought you might like to know this little bit.

• steve2
    steve2

I'm so glad you were vigilant, umbertoecho. You are right: There was a serious breach of protocol by the woman who contacted you and you rightly reported the matter to Sydney. I am astonished that she took it upon herself to try to hook people up with one another without checking it out with Sydney or even thinking through the ethical dilemmas.

I hope you are finding a measure of strength through your experiences. Thank you for sharing your experiences

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter
    I envy your stamina in this at all. You rock. I don't mind honest errors that are corrected. We were part of a religion that has had plenty of folks let them know they got some really wrong things happening and they keep going on with no apologies. had the WT been as responsive, they would not have any lawsuits! Or would have learned from the first ones, even if they won it. They know it is wrong. Being able to make legal arguments and finding loopholes does NOT make what they are doing right.
  • MightyV8
    MightyV8

If anyone can do this...you can umbertoecho

You have the courage and strength to do this.

I will be with you in spirit and person.

go get'em girl!!!!!!!

• chicken little
    chicken little
    Well done....very unprofessional behaviour and you responded just right to her.
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yes, privacy is VITAL throughout these proceedings....

Stay strong!

• MightyV8
    MightyV8

Yes totally agree

Yes, privacy is VITAL throughout these proceedings....

Stay strong!

• umbertoecho
    umbertoecho
    Thankyou Steve2 There have been strange things since the onset. I became out right paranoid...I fully admit that. It seemed far much to bear at times. It will be over soon and I hope it does some good for many children in the past and the now.....into the future.....xx
  • umbertoecho
    umbertoecho

JWdaughter.

That is my impression of the RC. No doubting, or 'prayerful" reproach, for daring to bring something to their attention. Just clear responses. If WT had a small portion of this attitude, they would they would be so much the better for it.

I accept errors because I have made so many. I feel very comfortable when there is care taken to put things right. It's a great lesson in life. This is such a new arena for the potential of legislation here.........why. Only this week, the RC has been going back over the Catholic hearings again.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

steve2 - "There was a serious breach of protocol by the woman who contacted you and you rightly reported the matter to Sydney. I am astonished that she took it upon herself to try to hook people up with one another without checking it out with Sydney or even thinking through the ethical dilemmas."

Maybe she was a loyal JW trying to sabotage the process.

Seriously.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit