Is there a real science of spiritual effects?

by metatron 36 Replies latest jw friends

• libra_spirit
    libra_spirit

There are two paths that I am aware of that use the scientific approach, and then supply vocabulary that allows you to practice developing your own method of learning to use the spiritual existence. One is Yoga and one is Eckankar. I have also seen this in some forms of Tai Chi (Master Mantak Chia comes to mind). The "time lag" is sped up as your spiritual presence (awareness) increases. There are methods taught for "becomming cause" as well as the belief that "everything happens for a reason for the greatest emotional interaction of all involved in any one event". Studing and recording your dreams may lead to a personal truth that as we sleep each night we pass through many levels and finally directly into the astral plane during the deepest levels of sleep. In this astral existence we work with others to plan the future events of our lives, the interactions and the expierences. As the veil between physical awareness and astral awareness lifts, we expierence spirituality, finally reaching home to God, or the source of intense Love and Light you may have heard talked about in spiritual and healing forums. Meditation techniques are used to begin becomming more aware of why things happen as they do. This is a practice of studing the reality we find ourselves in, and expierencing and analizing how we can effect it. The idea is to learn simultanious awareness of all our levels we exist on. The physical, the dream, the astral, the causal, the mental, and the intuitive, as well as to reach into the God realms of pure oneness.

The science comes from the "practice" combined with a vocabulary to describe the expierence. Reaching above physical mind and into intuition is a big leap because the mind wants to think it is in control. It is not happy to move aside to expierence the greater spiritual self. It will produce great fear to maintain its control. Inside your physical mind is a software "model" of what you believe you are. This is normally where you live when you are awake. This model makes sense to you. However this model you exist in is not really what you actually are. Glimpses of "higher self" are deminstraited during these kind of expierences you have describbed.

Any strong emotion can power the process to become cause (prayer). That which we are afraid of is brought to us, just as that which we love intensly. This is the law of the astral plane (emotional plane). The recepie is to fill your thoughts with the event or situation you wish to bring on, then fill it with intense emotions and sincerely ask. At this point "letting it go" is the only obsticle to allow spirit to create it and bring it to you. When you finally detatch and let go of it (out of mind and forgotten), spirit will use its unlimited ability to create it and bring it into your path. Then your only duty is to respond and follow up with what you have asked for.

The greater spiritual self can also be expierenced through development of the aural layers. Moving outwards from the physical body you can become aware of each layer of your aura, feeling it as well as sometimes seeing it. Knowing that each layer corresponds to the above mentioned levels is invaluable in using this knowledge.

These kind of practices allow you to believe only what you can prove to yourself, only what you are ready to expierence will be allowed by your higher self. Death of corse will imediatly prove your astral existence but we are in no hurry for that. Astral projection however will also prove it, but requires a sustained focus, which must be developed. Learning to shut down and quiet physical mind is the key, sending your INTENT into the outer layers to bring up a new awareness of a body you have never really noticed as of yet. One that does not rely on a "physical mind" to operate or know things.

If infact, the physical, is truly the dream as describbed by the sages who are able to maintain awareness of both higher self and physical self, then you will be discovering the real you not merely creating another "mental fabrication" to begin believing that this is now you. The "mental picture" of what you think you are (EGO) needs to be dissolved, not recreated. And replaced with a humble mind with an image that realises that it will have to change the image as you progress spiritually.

• freedom96
    freedom96

I do believe in heavenly miracles, and I also believe there is a science that some are trained in, that a person can recognize things about others.

Hard to explain, but I have met several people that were so in tuned with others and their surroundings, that they were able to tell stuff about me that no one else would know.

In fact, I was telling one person about it, who practiced whatever it is, and they agreed, telling me the same stuff the original person did.

Long story real short: Met a man, and after about 20 minutes sized me up very accurately, what type of person I was etc. It was as if he knew the real me. What was weird though, is he told me that I had been having trouble with my arm. He told me I broke it, and showed me where on my arm. Now, I was fully healed, and no way favored that arm over the other, and that freaked me out.

I told the second set of people about this, and they said, yes, your right arm. I had never showed them either. What was wierd is when they left, (this was at my place of business) they mentioned to me that I was involved in other money making ventures. This was true, but then they described to me what I was doing. Not the specifics, but the basics of it, and knew enough to again, to freak me out.

A combinatino of this events and others have me firmly convinced that this is not all there is on this planet. There is much more to life, that we don't have a clue about.

• metatron
    metatron

I agree

but where do I sign up for a course on this stuff? Yes, 99% is bullsh*t

I'm just looking for the remaining 1%

metatron

• heathen
    heathen

Metatron ---------- Sounds like you can exspect a call from the government . You are the new secret weapon they been looking for .lol I do know they have been experimenting with various forms of psychic phenomena in attempts to locate people and hidden weapons it's called the stargate program. Anywhooooooooooo you may consider writing a novel based on the experiences you describe it could make some interesting sci fi.

• metatron
    metatron

Yup, I've read Joe McMoneagle's books.

interesting reading. With terrorism afoot, I'd be surprized if they didn't re- institute Project Stargate/ Grillflame

metatron

• Satanus
    Satanus

Monroe institute gives courses. Mcmoneagle is involved there, as his wife owns it. She is the daughter of the guy who started it. They have a series of tapes that they use. Many of them are available through kazaa under the names hemisync and/or wave I to VII.

I know a guy who did some astral traveling over montreal by following some exercises in one of the eckankar books. Don't know which one, though.

SS

• Introspection
    Introspection

Do you want to manipulate phenomena, even if on ever subtler levels, or do you want to know the truth? You may want to consider this: Those drawn to spirituality (if you can call their ideas that) basically have two focus. The first wants to change things, which may simply be a misunderstanding of the desire to know the truth - this is what you might call a bottoms up approach, the progressive path - whether they know it or not. The trouble with this approach is it is necessarily based on an illusory understanding, so that anything you practice basically ends up serving the illusory self, even if you continually refine and come to new understandings, which are all ultimately false. (only relatively real) You might call the second a tops down approach, the direct path - it is based on full understanding rather than using partial understanding to serve a non-existent ego. The thing with this second approach is you would no longer be interested in egoic agendas, including that of a spiritual self, because you would see the idea for the foolishness that it is. Of course, this is if you see everthing as spiritual, if you see spiritual as a category of deeper, subtler levels that's 'more real' than the rest then this wouldn't make sense. So.. I guess in a way it's all very fitting, because if you really see that even some fancy abilities are just tricks of the mind, that is to say you actually clearly see the nature of mind, then why would you bother playing these games with yourself? In other words, you have to fool yourself in some way for this to be interesting, sort of like how we suspend the recognition that what we see in a movie isn't real for it to be entertaining.

• rem
    rem

There has been a lot of research in parapsychology over the last century. As Abbadon brought out, no supernatural phenomenon have been found. True there have been one or two experiments of widely varying quality that showed something on the fringe of chance, but these have not been able to be duplicated. The interesting thing about statistics is that it is completely normal to have one or two studies out of thousands to come up with greater than chance results - just by chance, so again, there is nothing compelling.

A lot of it has to do with the believer mentality. Believers have been shown to have a flawed grasp of statistics and probability when compared to skeptics. This means that believers are more likely to think something is miraculous or just too coincidental when it's really quite normal, statistically. Also, the constructive nature of memory and psycological illusions have a lot to do with it.

For the scientists' perspective, see the following books:

Demon Haunted World, Carl Sagan*
    Why People Believe Weird Things, Michael Shermer*
    How to Think About Weird Things, Theodore Schick, Jr. and Lewis Vaughn
    In Search of the Light, Susan Blackmore
    Pseudoscience and the Paranormal, Terence Hines*

* I highly recommend these books

rem

• Satanus
    Satanus

Mcmoneagle did a remote viewing demo on japanese tv: http://www.mceagle.com/remote-viewing/Japan4.shtml

Intro

that is to say you actually clearly see the nature of mind, then why would you bother playing these games with yourself? In other words, you have to fool yourself in some way for this to be interesting,

Isn't that why we left where we were and incarnated?

SS

• rem
    rem

Remote viewing is a delusion. It does not work. I sure didn't help find Elizabeth Smart - and they tried. Any 'interesting' results from RV are extremely subjective and open to much interpretation. Basically you can make the result of an RV session match whatever you want, so it's pretty much useless. It certainly doesn't perform above chance.

rem

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit