I just want to say thank you

by Sevan 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Sevan
    Sevan

I've been gone for a while doing other research, checking out other forums.

This forum is the first place I went when I very first started waking up and I just want to say thank you. From the bottom of my heart thank you.

You guys were so helpful, so kind and so supportive. I really appreciate that. You guys got me and were there for me when my whole world was crashing in on me. When I realized that everything that I sincerely believed and dedicated my entire adult life to was built on lies.

I left because I got overwhelmed by the religious/atheist debates and just needed a minute to process all these new concepts and ways of thinking. I have now spent a lot of time researching and considering many of the arguments and history of religion. I was a Christian when I came here, now I am atheist agnostic. I don't discount that there could be a force or spiritual whelm, I just don't know at this moment. I do discount a loving God that demands to be worshipped only in a particular way on threat of eternal destruction/suffering while not making clear what that way is and at the same time allowing untold human suffering.

Anyway, I don't really want to get into a debate about religion or lack thereof. I just wanted to say thank you to everyone and let y'all know where I'm at. You do make a difference.

• Darkknight757
    Darkknight757

Many of us were completely lost before coming here. The wealth of information coming from the posters here is amazing.

If it weren't for the people here the wife and I wouldn't have been able to walk away from Watchtower so easily, doing so without playing by their stupid rules AND have our family still talking to us.

Great board this is indeed!!

• Simon
    Simon

Glad you found it useful :thumbsup:

• schnell
    schnell

This forum saved my sanity. Sure, there are atheist and secular forums as well. Of course. But Jehovah's witnesses have a specific experience set that I needed to talk about and dispel. So I needed this... You guys have been awesome!

• Giordano
    Giordano

I was out for well over fifty years but when I found this forum it felt like I had found my lost tribe.

From the get go I understood what everyone was saying even though much has changed since the mid 1960's. On another level very little has changed it's a slightly different level of BS but in many respects conditions for JW's are far worse.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Welcome to free and open thinking Sevan,

Yes you can live a clean wholesome life without religious indoctrination and the oppression that usually goes along with that.

Of course religions or fear mongering religious publishing houses (WTS) don't want you to know or be aware of that, they have other Inherent self supporting agendas.

• cofty
    cofty

Great to hear you are doing well Sevan. Best wishes.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yes! This forum community has proven to be a powerful and life saving place.

Thanks to Simon for creating and hosting it, and thanks to everyone who helps one another out!

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

Anyway, I don't really want to get into a debate about religion or lack thereof. I just wanted to say thank you to everyone and let y'all know where I'm at. You do make a difference.

Welcome back, and I'm glad to hear that you are in a better place in your spirituality. I do know that there have been debates and heated discussions about the theist/atheist thing. However, if you look at many other posts, they are about a large number of different topics.

Reading your post helps me remember that once upon a time I was in a similar bad place; sometimes I forget that when some people who are starting to search for information come around.

There's no need to get into a debate. Unlike the WT and any JW congregation, you are free to feel and believe whatever you want. That includes not answering questions you don't feel comfortable with if you feel it will take you to a "debate". No one here has to justify what they choose to believe, even when their believes are challenged.

• smiddy
    smiddy

That was a lovely post Sevan one that the majority of us on this board would agree with .Most of us have been where you were and found this place and it has helped us tremendously to come to terms with who we were and who we are now .

Take care

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit