Do You Know Any JWs That Were Wealthy AFTER They Became Witnesses?

by minimus 17 Replies latest jw friends

• smiddy
    smiddy

I knew of a few brothers who got into get rich quick schemes /businesses that involved others in the congregations ,but I`m damn sure none of them ever became wealthy being involved in them.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Anyone that follows the advice from the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger to the letter will not get even close to "rich". Such will dutifully cut way back on work, and throw away any "surplus" funds into the Worldwide Damnation Fund. Then, they will be expected to do things to indebt them further (Israel missions, for instance). Once they cut back on work to the extent they are supposed to, it becomes impossible to make back the money.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

I personally knew 2 who became millionaires while in "the truth". Both were elders. One owned a company that manufactures and sells sheds, the other was an investment banker who retired at the age of 45.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I can't recall any that got wealth after joining the dangerous cult.

The wealthy 'brothers(tm)' I knew, always seemed to make it onto the body of elders, despite their past breaking watchtower corporation rules.

• baker
    baker

I watched one that excelled at real estate and even made a lot of info-comericals.

• blondie
  • Mum
    Mum

The first congregation I was associated with (not in the territory where I lived because my dad's boss conducted our study) was very well off, in the wealthiest neighborhood in town. My dad's boss was a construction superintendent, and I thought he was rich. I didn't know much about the jobs and careers of others in that congregation. The CO (before the "elder arrangement") worked as some kind of artist at a TV station.

Two of the guys my age, whom I was friends with, got good jobs. One was a talented artist and got a job as a draftsman. The other got a job in sales, and I think he did quite well because he had a fun-loving personality.

After I moved to a state farther south, things were not nearly as good for the brethren and sistren(?) there. There was one wealthy family in the circuit, and everybody knew about them. There were about five or six kids in that family, and most of them were DF'ed at one time or another.

My JW husband was an auto body repairman, and did rather well. He could have done even better if he had chosen to.

• Gayle
    Gayle

I knew one who had become a judge even. (Her professions included being a legal secretary, missionary, journalist, attorney, judge, children's advocate, office manager and even a Candidate for Congress! -)

Amazing girl - I knew her at Bethel long ago.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit