Review: 2018 "Be Courageous!" convention

by neat blue dog 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

Another illustration I heard was about a child on a playground being bullied. As he is being bullied his father comes up behind the bully and stands there. The boy is so encouraged knowing his father is there. I thought what an asshole father...just f--king stand there and let his child be bullied and not do a damned thing about it! Or worse yet, let the bully kill his child, just so everyone would know how much the child loved the impotent father! Idiots on parade on the stage!

• javierjiminy
    javierjiminy
    I really hope the audience realizes that 1.) the borg changed the story of Jonah by adding a sister and giving her some significant role in the movie. And 2.) The borg changed the way how Armageddon will happen. I'm sure there has to be some folks who are starting to think critically about these things.
  • westiebilly11
    westiebilly11

So much for real meat, solid food....seems that nowadays it's just milk...and any flavour you want..How times have changed....

• waton
    waton

Only saw the special effects of the Jonah movie, the screensaver, surfing viking ship, so:

Have jws realized, that the production's slickness hides the fact that they, like Jonah , are being set up to be false prophets? duped , fooled into proclaiming a message that was never meant to be taken seriously?

• hoser
    hoser

My observation was that they used fear more than ever before. The videos were meant to scare us back into line. Cultiest convention I’ve ever attended.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

hoser:

It definitely had its culty moments, but overall I think that this convention had a noticeably more positive, light-hearted vibe to it. The most culty, scare mongering one of recent years still goes to the 2016 Remain Loyal convention as far as I see. Even the title was a demand for conformity. That convention also featured the bunker video, the one about giving up violin, denying 1975, etc. And the last talk had a really somber tone to it. Even last year's had some disturbing stuff. Although the drama was a light-hearted Fresh off the Boat knockoff, it came with a side of horror tropes, with that flashing vision of the lead actress being turned into salt.

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

I see a cyclus in convention atmosphere.

2 strict, one light.

At the moment that you think they are fair, they get you.

G.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

Hold on for next year then . . .

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

A few years ago when Jesus was the focus of the convention, I was hoping they saw the light and become a true Christian religion. But they went back to their old ways the next year

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit