If Elders and Ministerial Servants did what Michael Fallon has done, few would remain

by Isambard Crater 10 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Isambard Crater
    Isambard Crater

Over the years I have seen plenty of Elders and Ministerial Servants touch other J.W's knees, thighs, give very long and intimate hugs, blah, blah, blah. I know of other Sisters who have felt really uncomfortable with such behaviour, but the Brothers have just explained that they're being loving as caring Christian friends, so they get away with it. It angers me that no J.W's will speak out about historic or ongoing inappropriate touching for fear of being Disfellowshipped or losing the hope of paradise.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

This is an interesting thread I.C. And i can quite believe it but how do you go about complaining about such inappropriate touching ?

As you suggest without saying it the "boys club" will protect their own .And sisters will be looked down as though they were the the ones that encouraged /led the brothers on. Or as you suggest the "brothers" were only trying to give support .

Yeah right.

It wouldn`t have to do with "brothers" not getting enough at home and getting their jollies hugging another female would it .?

Fantasticising about another partner ?

• alanv
    alanv

I regard what has happened to Michael Fallen as totally ridiculous. Are we really saying that anyone in a responsible job, must be totally squeaky clean. and never done anything slightly inappropriate, even decades ago.

All of us have done things in the past, that we are not proud of, but providing it is in the past, then it should be forgiven, as the bible commands. Of course this does not include serious sin, but touching someone on the knee, is not a serious sin. The journalist concerns also thinks it is crazy that he has had to resign over this incident.

• Isambard Crater
    Isambard Crater

I agree fully - Fallon should not have gone. But what I wanted to highlight is that lots of J.W's will soon be pointing fingers at and criticising M.P's, not realising that such actions go on in Kingdom Halls too.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Kneegate. I wonder what is meant by 'touching' a knee. Was it a long lingering fondle? A brief tap? Anyway, it's not like I have any say in the matter of Mr Fallon.

I have seen the 'little bit too long touching' in the kingdum hell.

One Elder gave the impression that he wanted to shag my wife. BuuUUUUuuuut, he held such a 'royal' position in the circuit that he was bullet proof to any accusations, the dirty old b*stard. Luckily, he's nearly dead now, married again and having a rough time with his new marriage. I have my spies!!

One dirty old bleeder was always putting his arms around sisters and being generally creepy. He went to prison for being a paedo. Of course, he's back with the jobos, in a wheelchair (I think for sympathy).

An exJobo friend of mine saw him in the shops (is that Mall in the USA? I really need to get more Americanised...ized..sorry). The paedo asked my mate if he was going back to meetings. My mate said. 'I'm not talking to you, you dirty paedo so F*** OFF!'

Depends where you are in the jobo pecking order as to whether you get 'admonished(tm) or not.

• purrpurr
    purrpurr

When I was a teen I had an elder fondle my hip/thigh in full view of the whole cong, everyone just said he was being playful!

I also had as a teen a fellow teen "accidentally" touch my privates

When I mentioned both instances to my mum she said "I wouldn't make a fuss about it, I'm sure their as embarrassed about it as you are and we wouldn't want to make their lives difficult after all the brothers do have such a lot on their plates"

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

purry - Your Mum's reaction surely is a programmed reaction to protect the reputation of the corporation.

As disgusting as it is, the corporation leaders don't care about the jobos, only their rock star status and luxury.

• stillin
    stillin

I must be going to a congregation of icicles. I don't see this as a problem. I know that some people are hyper-sensitive about being touched at all and some people are more huggy than others but so what? I'm not acquainted with the Michael Fallon story but we once had a CO that was way too touchy-feely. I asked my wife to stay out of his clutches and she defended him, saying that he is just grandfatherly. I think she watched him more closely and saw what I saw, though.

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

I have strong suspicions that the Michael Fallon knee-touching incident could be the catalyst for more serious allegations about him to surface. The knee-touching now appears to have been watered-down by the media.

According to BBC reports up until last night, he touched the journalist's knee just "once". However, the BBC News this morning is now using the word "repeatedly," and judging by Mr. Fallon's resignation speech in which he said "A number of allegations have surfaced about MPs in recent days, including some [not just one] about my previous conduct. Many of these have been false [not all] but I accept that in the past I have fallen below the high standards..."

It looks like he may have quickly jumped before he was pushed.

• compound complex
    compound complex

It works both ways, male to female, female to male. My comments are relative to tactile human contact per se, not necessarily that initiated by the higher ups in JW society.

Because of my background and personal "wiring," I'm all right with a brief, "hello" or "goodbye" hug. Beyond that, like getting too up close and personal, I am uncomfortable.

Being friendly and warm towards others -- outgoing -- is not an invitation to cross boundaries. I speak for myself.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit