Long hair

by A Paduan 12 Replies latest watchtower bible

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

Can I get some comment on long hair, please.

- he shall be holy; he shall let the locks of hair of his head grow long

- No razor shall come upon his head, for the boy shall be a Nazirite to God from birth

But

- Does not nature itself teach you that for a man to wear long hair is degrading to him, but if a woman has long hair, it is her pride? For her hair is given to her for a covering.

Jesus is depicted as having long hair (by non-jws that is) - why so - any comments

------------------------------------------------

Some input

- For if a woman (soul) will not veil herself, then she should cut off her hair

• shamus
    shamus

I don't see anything wrong with long hair, unless your name is Fabio.

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE
    No razor shall come upon his head, for the boy shall be a Nazirite to God from birth

I don't know about you folks, but I don't like the sounds of this!

• maxwell
    maxwell

Yes there definitely appears to be a contradiction in the Bible here. I haven't been reading the Bible lately, but the contradictions do appear to be between the Hebrew Scriptures and the Greek Scriptures. Supposedly, when Jesus came, much of the old Law Covenant for the Isrealites no longer applied to Christians. Appears to be some arbitrary new rules there.

I like long hair on women. Short haired women are attractive too, but I personally prefer long hair speaking purely physically. I caught a glimpse of some TV magazine show one night (Entertainment Tonight or Access Hollywood, don't know which). They were saying that finally women over 35 were allowing their hair to grow, something about how in the past women over 40 felt that they had to cut their hair short in order to be taken seriously. If that's true, I think its totally absurd.

On men I don't care. I keep mine cut really close, but think it's cool for other guys to express themselves with long hair if they like.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

After I left, I proceeded to let my hair grow long. Apparenly, long hair on guys is wrong. ????

• Hamas
    Hamas

Long hair on blokes should be banned, unless it suits.

Personally, I hate long hair.

• OrbitingTheSun
    OrbitingTheSun
    I don't see anything wrong with long hair, unless your name is Fabio.

LOL! I agree, Shamus.

I don't mind long hair but my preference is really short hair.

• enigma
    enigma

Pesonally I don't like long hair. I think it looks stupid. Some guys can pull it off, but when its on someone that doesn't, its gotta go. It can look dirty and unkept and can make the guy look like a woman from certain angles. Plus nasty long hairs get everywhere. I had a roomie with hair down to his ass, god those hairs where everywhere and on everything...Im gonna puke thinking about it... Just a personal pet-peeve.

• sandy
    sandy

I agree with enigma. Some guys can pull off wearing long hair.

I prefer short wavy dark hair on a tall muscular guy.

• Valis
    Valis

- he shall be holy; he shall let the dread locks of hair of his head grow long

- No razor shall come upon his head, for the boy shall be a Nazirite to God from birth

Um does this mean I'm Jebus?

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit