So the GB has admitted that God does not communicate with them. Is there any other religion or person that God speaks to?

by deegee 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• deegee
    deegee

WT ​February 2017 par.12, p.26:

" The Governing Body is neither inspired nor infallible. Therefore, it can err in doctrinal matters or in organizational direction. In fact, the Watch Tower Publications Index includes the heading “Beliefs Clarified,” which lists adjustments in our Scriptural understanding since 1870. Of course, Jesus did not tell us that his faithful slave would produce perfect spiritual food."

So since 1870, the WT has just been muddying its way through the Bible all on its own, trying to figure out what it means.

What about other religions, does God speak to them, contact them?

• Giordano
    Giordano

This explanation explains why there are so many different Bibles. Also so many different and strange belief systems.

"The language of God is silence all else is poor translation".....Rumi

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Of course he does! They're all directed by god. Silly question.

“Isn’t it a remarkable coincidence that almost everyone has the same religion as their parents? And it always just happens to be the right religion.”

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

The OBVIOUS follow up questions for any JW after that paragraph is:

"Ok, so why should I listen to you about bible doctrine?"

"If you make mistakes, should you enforce strict rules that you can't be sure are right?"

"Why do you make laws about matters of sex, marriage, health, clothing... that should be up to the individual?"

"Do you have the right to kick people out of the organization because they do not follow your instructions, though you have made many many changes (been wrong) of the decades, and now say that god doesn't talk to you?"

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

If an Organization claims that GOD speaks to them, or directs them, its an outright 100% fraud.

If a person claims that God speaks to him, he should be mentally deluded or an Outright fraud.

• jp1692
    jp1692

Is there any other ... person that God speaks to?

She speaks to me ...

• Spoletta
    Spoletta

When I find a religion whose prophesies are 100 percent correct, and whose policies and actions are wholly beneficial and wise, I would be inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit