Ant legal recourse?

by Huxley1979 15 Replies latest jw friends

• oppostate
    oppostate

it depends on whether the local elders feel they need to kick you out to let the rank and file know you were dealt with or they can leave you alone and no one will notice.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I doubt they would waste the time if they realized that they are going to have to learn a new language, one not commonly spoken in the territory, if they are to have any chance of understanding you. They have better things to do with their time than to learn some language just so they can communicate with you.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Have the elders "invited" you to a JUDICIAL COMMITTEE (3 elders) or to meet with 2 Elders (investigative committee)?

IF they have already formed a "Judicial Committee" then they believe they already have the "evidence" to DF you. That would mean TWO eye witnesses or strong circumstantial evidence (ie you stayed overnight alone at the home of a lover). The 2 eye witnesses can be testifying to two different events (ie you spoke apostate ideas to both persons at different occasions; or 2 people saw you smoking at two different times).

If you are to meet only with TWO Elders, then they are still trying to "get the goods on you", hoping really for your "confession" or that you admit to the "sin". In this situation, you can DENY DENY DENY. Frankly, most elders will follow those rules -- with only ONE witness against you -- they'll drop the charges (and wait......). Or they'll hope you will answer the "apostate question": Do you believe the GB is the Spirit Directed channel used by Joe Hoover to direct the Flock?" (or something similar). If you say no or challenge that, then you have agreed that "you are no longer on of JW's".

If you are to meet with THREE Elders and you refuse to meet, they will DF you in absentia and call you (with two elders on the phone) to give you the results. The only way to avoid DFing is to meet with them and convince them the two witnesses are in error or lying, or to grovel for forgiveness and hope they find you "repentant". If you haven't been going to meetings, etc, then you do not "have the fruits" that prove you are repentant.

Good luck!

• Simon
    Simon

Legal recourse to what? That they don't want you to be a member of a club you don't want to be a member of?

Just walk away, live your life. Don't let it ruin the rest of it.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Simon. The downside is them using coercion to force family and friends to walk away from you. Trying to deny them any leverage

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

Don't answer the door or phone when two or more elders are together. They will leave a message. Call back in a friendly manner at an inconvenient time for THEM only one elder at his home. Hi,----- sorry I missed you...(we are/have moved halls) what's up? :) Oh, I'm sorry this week I'm swamped/out of town/attending new hall/sick/ ....just tell me now. "Oh my! that story is bizarre and completely untrue! It is a slanderous lie, defamatory, and gossip! WHO told you this??????? " Turn the tables on the TWO "eyewitnesses" and call them out. 90% of the time most JW "eyewitnesses" will hide and change stories if directly confronted and change things to "a misunderstanding". You may need to tell the "EYE Witnesses to prove their story, and that slander and gossip is a disfellowshipping offense and you would hate to have to sue them for defamation. If this doesn't fix it (I have seen many people slide with this over the years),simply move on and enjoy life, or pay a real attorney to write a letter like the one Atlantis has and send it certified to a few elders (and the witnesses). Our family attorney re-wrote my business letters on real letterhead for under $100. THINK about all the Pedophiles who NEVER get disfellowshipped for lack of TWO "CREDIBLE" eyewitnesses.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit