new study about JW mental health

by Jerry Bergman 20 Replies latest jw friends

• ballistic
    ballistic

I'm so sorry Gary. From my experience which includes seeing witness associates commit suicide and my own emotional turmoil (thankfully now a distant memory) and family and friends medicated, I read a thread like this with certainty that without even considering the religion/cult argument, the regime can be damaging and at least facilitating.

• Jerry Bergman
    Jerry Bergman

I'm wondering if the suggestion is that the introversion and emotionally instability are a result of their time within the organization or if the organization is more attractive to the introverted and the emotionally unstable. Anecdotal evidence from this board would suggest that the emotionally instability might be caused by the organization.

The published research indicates that both are important factors.

• Jerry Bergman
    Jerry Bergman

Is it possible to copy it into an on-line translator and get an english version? If you find one let me know. I am still trying to get the whole article. Many US schools have cut way back on journal subscriptions so this journal is now hard to find (but a few years ago many libraries had it).

• Jerry Bergman
    Jerry Bergman

Gary

Great to hear from you and I feel for your son. I still find it amazing that when I point out this research I get blasted by certain people such as Richard Singlenberg. I have heard and personally know of so many many cases I do not see how any one can not conclude that mental health is a problem in the organization.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Jerry Do you have the Czech abstract? I can test it in some of the translators I found to see how good they are. If you have it just post it here and I will see what works on it

• garybuss
    garybuss

Jerry, If I can ever be of help just let me know. I will provide personal details of my experience with my son and the Watch Tower Publishing Corporation. Gary Busselman [email protected]

605-334-5692

• Jerry Bergman
    Jerry Bergman

Lady Lee

The abstract is in English (and is reprinted above) and I have not yet found the article but will keep looking and will let everyone know when I locate it. Then we can try the translator that you found.

• Jerry Bergman
  • Jerry Bergman
  • Jerry Bergman
    Jerry Bergman

Gary

Thanks for your note! Have you thought of doing an article about your son and his experience? You are an excellent writer and could get it published without too much trouble. Let me know if I can help.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit