Lewis V Watchtower

by Richard Oliver 18 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

Richard, I appreciate that, and hope you do continue with reporting all the cases, both sides. It is the best way to keep informed.

• Richard Oliver
    Richard Oliver
    I don't know when the websites like Justia will post it, but if anyone wants the decision, i would be more than happy to send them it in a PDF format.
  • steve2
    steve2

Well, guys, I'd rather know than not know and I did not know this was the outcome so thank you RO for advising us.

It is unfortunate that others reply to RO's OP is little short of sarcastic, but I will charitably allow they have their reasons.

I acknowledge disappointment in the outcome - but in life, not everything goes in a direction I would like. But I promise will be here to cheerlead and wave those pom-poms when a decision goes the way I want!

• dubstepped
    dubstepped
    steve2 - It is unfortunate that others reply to RO's OP is little short of sarcastic, but I will charitably allow they have their reasons.

Gee, thanks for your charity in allowing others to reply as they see fit. I owe you one. (that sarcastic enough for you, lol)

RO has a history of posting anything possible, even if it means twisting something, to make the dubs look good. He admittedly would be one if he could. He doesn't have a penchant for even handed posts, he's here posting this because the religion that he wants to be a part of won. If they had lost I would be shocked to see him here posting about it, resurrecting a case first referenced in 2014.

• steve2
    steve2

I acknowledge your points dubstepped. I just have confidence that you are far more capable of better than a sarcastic quip - and you show as much by expanding upon your earlier sarcasm. I am not in disagreement with you.

Since you say you owe me one because of my charitable outlook, it will have to be something nonalchoholic as I am a lifelong teetotaller.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Steve, I'm a teetotaler too (man that word looks weird spelled out). I'll have a nice water on the rocks sent your way. I gave up soft drinks and can't do lactose anymore, so my options are pretty limited. I could maybe hook you up with a juice, or some haterade, if you like. I have the latter in spades.

• zeb
    zeb

how long is the mentioned statute of limitations. anyone like to say.

• Richard Oliver
    Richard Oliver

In Vermont the statue of limitations is 6 years. The statute calls for the counting of time to start at 18 or when the person discovered that they were sexually abused and discovered that they suffered harm from it. The statute of limitations did not bar Lewis claim against Watchtower because the court ruled that she didn't know the True molested his step-granddaughter and elders were informed till about 2013. But the statute of limitations did bar her from sueing True because the family talked about her abuse to her while she was growing up and told mental health workers that he molested her and she suffered harm before her 18 birthday so the court ruled that a reasonable person would conclude she knew she suffered harm by 18 so the statute of limitations started on her 18th birthday.

• Richard Oliver
    Richard Oliver

Dubstepped the only reason that I "resurrected" this matter now was because the case is finally resolved. Did you make the same complaint when people "resurrected" the Fessler case because it was going to trial and was looking bad for Watchtower? That was an even older case than 2014, I didn't hear you complain that it didn't matter when that case came back into everyone's' consciousness.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit