I'll pray for you

by I quit! 17 Replies latest jw friends

• ctrwtf
    ctrwtf

I'm not praying, I'm supplicating god on your behalf right now.

PS If I were you I'd be on the lookout for an anvil falling from the sky ala the Roadrunner and Coyote

• stillin
    stillin

I've been saying things like, "I've been thinking about you." or "you are in my thoughts."

It seems more genuine.

• steve2
    steve2

"You're in my thoughts."

"Did you have my consent to be in your thoughts? Let me out of your thoughts this instance!"

"Okay, but I'll have to pray for you instead."

"Put me right back in your thoughts this instance!"

• Landy
    Landy
    Prayer puzzles me. It always has. I don't think I will ever not be puzzled about prayer - despite people's valiant attempts to explain prayer's innate impotence or interpret my lack of faith in prayer as a bruising consequence of my JW background. Ha! I was cynical about prayer even as a door-knocking JW. It has always been a chink in my armor. Thank God!

There have actually been some (quasi) scientific studies on the effects of prayer in medical outcomes.

I'm on the phone at the moment but if you google 'studies on intercessory prayer' that should give you enough to get you banging your head on the PC screen.

• steve2
    steve2

I'm on the phone at the moment but if you google 'studies on intercessory prayer' that should give you enough to get you banging your head on the PC screen.

Thanks Landy - I am aware of the mixed literature on this topic. A common conclusions centres round the placebo effect with one of the variables whether or not people are told others are praying for them.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I wish that prayers made a difference. I the off-chance that they do, I encourage all to include me in their prayers.

• smiddy
    smiddy

A friend of mine has gone to Jerusalem for the past 60 odd years and religiously he has gone to the wailing wall to pray

I asked him .What do you pray for at the wailing wall ?

He said , Every year I go their ,I pray for peace in the world and especially I pray for peace between the Arabs and the Jews .

I then said to him ,you have been doing this for the past 60 odd years ?

He said yes.

I then said well ,how is it going ,any progress ?

He then said ,I dont know, somehow it just seems like i`m talking to a brick wall.

• Chook
    Chook

My classic one liners I used with dickhead elders was

1 just pray for me

2 remember me when you get into your kingdom

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit