A petition in Russia for transforming a Kingdom Hall into a cultural space for young musicians.

by OrphanCrow 11 Replies latest jw friends

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Someone in Russia is paying attention to the JW property seizures. This is a petition started in Russia for transforming a Kingdom Hall into a cultural space for young musicians.

The petition is in Russian so I have copied the google translate here:

Please mark out space for the development of musical creativity among young people!
    Shtanko Eugene - Pechora, Russia
    April 20, 2017 the Supreme Court declared extremist activity "Administrative Center of Jehovah's Witnesses in Russia" and banned its operation. The court also ordered to pay to the state property of the organization, including and real estate. We, representatives of active youth of the city Pechora and sympathizers, urge to transfer the confiscated building to the balance of the sector of youth policy for the further development there is a basis for the development of amateur music groups. It will be a great help for the creative enthusiasm of talented and ambitious musicians, as very large number of them are forced to live in apartments and try to build in a creative neyute. To all the above, we can add that the availability of such a database will give an educational and cultural impetus for beginning musicians, who will be able to find like-minded people to gain experience in the field of works, performances, work with the equipment and organization of events.
    Citizens, do not be indifferent! It is possible that this building will open another store or alkomarket, so think about what is best for the future of our city?
    In principle, it will be enough and other premises, this building is given as one example.
    This petition will be delivered to:
    The administration of the municipal district "Pechora"
    State Property Committee
    Sosnora Andrey Mihaylovich
  • Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Well, at least it'll be used for a worthy cause. God loves music! 😜

DY

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

This is a petition started in Russia for transforming a Kingdom Hall into a cultural space for young musicians.

Image result for jehovahs witness meetingImage result for useful word

Image result for useful wordImage result for young musicians.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Well at least this hall will now sound out" Music to the Ears" no matter how inexperienced these young musciscians are.

Anything they perform has to be better than those" Kingdom Maladys" that the KH spewed out before.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Kingdom Maladies ...

LOL.

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

Didn't one of the videos at the RC last year have a kid who decided to give up his dream of being a professional musician so he could pioneer or some such nonsense? Pretty ironic if that's the case.

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

OrphanCrow: Someone in Russia is paying attention to the JW property seizures. This is a petition started in Russia for transforming a Kingdom Hall into a cultural space for young musicians.

thanks for posting

quite fascinating - it really shows them up doesn't!!

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    DoubtingBro: Didn't one of the videos at the RC last year have a kid who decided to give up his dream of being a professional musician so he could pioneer or some such nonsense? Pretty ironic if that's the case.

That is exactly the video I thought of when I saw this petition. How ironic that a defunct KH might become a home to young aspiring musicians just like that JW child. The JW child who couldn't pursue his dreams because he might come in contact with non-JWs if he continued studying music.

dsp: quite fascinating - it really shows them up doesn't!!

I was quite fascinated with a personal story I read on a Russian forum. An exJW told of working on KH builds in Russia and about how they had to pretend to not be JWs while they were on site. They had to wear raggedy clothes and carry a pack of cigarettes in their pockets. If anybody was watching them, they would stop and pull out their smokes and stick one in their mouth. And, if anyone asked what was being built, it was never a building for religious purposes - it was a billiard hall or something else equally acceptable to the building code.

It wouldn't surprise me if some of the KHs in Russia were originally built as something else (by a local JW, of course) and then, after construction was complete, the JWs would buy it from the "owner" and convert it to a meeting place.

Of course, I am speculating...but it would be interesting to know the in's and out's of the WTS' Russian shenanigans. They did get into hot water a few years back for dumping toxic waste into the Gulf of Finland. And...if I have interpreted google translate correctly...some of the property that the WTS purchased in Russia was...tada! a toxic waste dump.

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

http://www.transparency.org/news/feature/corruption_perceptions_index_2016

In three weeks, the petition has 'apparently' garnered 100 signatures

Two of those signatures are advertising 'signatures-for-money' services (both the same)

Hello, I have for you a proposal to promote your petition, the price of 1000 live votes on your petition = 2000 p if you are interested writePhone - Viber - Telegram: 79661944429 or Skype - softviber or ICQ - 561677671
    Hello, I have for you a proposal to promote your petition, the price of 1000 live votes on your petition = 2000 p if you are interested writePhone - Viber - Telegram: 79661944429 or Skype - softviber or ICQ - 561677671

and another two of the signatures appear to merely only signing it in order to advertise/link to their own petition (both the same)

I support you and ask you to support me and sign my petition, here is a link to it: www.change.org/p/генеральный-прокурор-помогите-вернуть-сына-матери
    I support you and ask you to support me and sign my petition, here is a link to it: www.change.org/p/генеральный-прокурор-помогите-вернуть-сына-матери

How are the on-going petitions stacking up so far? (10 May 2017)

RUSSIA - 100 signatures in three weeks

DISNEYLAND - 178 signatures in two months

AUSTRALIA - 1,147 signatures in two months

USA - 1,686 signatures in two years

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Yeah, Darksp....I saw the "100" number and thought it looked strange.

Who knows? This could be a petition started by an exJW in Russia and not really representative of a community at all.

But, I do think it is a great idea. Just think of what a community could do with the nice, wide open space interior of a KH. I am thinking 6x12 snooker tables would fit quite nicely in them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit