Cain and Abel...Who recorded this tragic event?

by RULES & REGULATIONS 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• mickbobcat
    mickbobcat

You ask too many questions. Shhhhh. Jehovah did. There now stop asking questions and thinking for your self. I am being sarcastic of course.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

i lost all belief in the bible when i got to the talking snake bit.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

It might have been a bit more plausible if instead of a snake talking in Genesis it was a talking parrot ,now that might have been a little bit more believable don`t you think ?

• HowTheBibleWasCreated
    HowTheBibleWasCreated

1. It's a myth

2. It is meant to counter Genesis chapter 5.

3. It's based on a Greek myth (Atreus and Thyestes)

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

its sad to think that the bible starts with a childs fairy story--which is, lets face it, a pack of lies.

• Jofi_Wofo
    Jofi_Wofo

So Cain kills Abel.

Why didn't God stop it from happening? Well, according to JW theodicy, God supposedly had decided to not intervene with human affairs, in order to prove the point that humans can not rule over themselves. Instead, God does intervene with human affairs by preventing the remaining human beings on earth from bringing Cain to justice for his actions. He then sent Cain to a different location where Cain could go ahead and create a whole new family/nation/race of people that will follow in the footsteps of a vindictive and cowardly murderer.

Let's review: God lets an innocent person die because he does not want to intervene. Then, God intervenes to save the life of a murderer.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

In the Bible God has always intervened in human affairs.Backing their wars against other nations inciting genocide,even sending Satan down to the Earth so he could stir up more strife among humans .

Why didn`t he send Satan to Ur-anus ,where he couldn`t interfere in human affairs.?

As far as God`s dealings with Cain he just isn`t consistent with his own laws and changes where it suits him.

An eye for an eye and do not murder etc.etc.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit