JW homicide case in Denmark

by Norm 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Norm
    Norm

The newspaper NORDJYSKE Stiftstidende (in northern Jutland) printed the following article on the 13 of May:

Jehovah's Witnesses delay Homicide Investigation

HIMMERLAND: The involved family’s background as Jehovah’s Witnesses are obstructing police investigation in a homicide case from Løgstør police district, where a 78 year old man man is charged with killing a baby, which he got with his own daughter in 1977.

Lars Teilmann lars.teilmannnordjyske.dk

- We are dealing with a very closed society, and this complicates police investigation, says the prosecutor, vice Chief of Police Lise-Lotte Bell.

The Police investigation, has been ongoing for 4 months , and proceeds very slowly, and according to the prosecutor it is too early to say if the case against the married couple will be prosecuted.

Head of information Erik Jørgensen from Jehovah’s Witnesses has been closely in touch with the local group of elders from the area in Himmerland, where the incident took place.

- I do not agree that the Police has been working with a closed society. The local elders has reported the case and are cooperating fully with the Police during the investigation, he says.

The vice Chief of Police do not agree with this explanation.

- It is correct that they reported it. But apart from that they haven’t been very cooperative, says Lise-Lotte Bell.

What the prosecutor calls reluctance, Erik Jørgensen calls caution.

- Those who know the parents, has difficulties believing the accusation, therefore they may be reserved, he says.

A Jehovah's Witnesses for 30 years, Knud Jespersen from Skive, tell us that the Witnesses do not automatically go to the Police if they have knowledge of a crime. They go to ”the elders”, the leaders of the organization, which in turn decide if the information should be brought before the Police.

- Jehovah's Witnesses is a closed society. A state within the state. At the same time it is of vital importance that the Witnesses isn’t discredited in the Society, so there is no doubt that they would do everything to suppress a case like this, if they had knowledge about it, says Knud Jespersen.

(Translated by Norm)

• sf
    sf

Hi there Norm,

Very recently, I heard from a very reliable source (the ex girlfriend)that a jw brother was stabbed to death by a householder in Germany. Reportedly, he and another brother knocked on the door and the guy came running out and stabbed the girls ex b/f to death. I was told directly that this was about 4-5 months ago. I tried to search it, but to no avail. I am to meet her back at a certain place at a certain time where she says she will get the info. Yet, I'd like to confirm this. Would you mind helping me out? How do I go about a search such as this? Plus, I also heard about a father who killed his son. The son needed blood and I'm not sure on that story either. Yet, I was told it was heard on NBC news last week.

Sincerely, Scally

• Norm
    Norm

Hi sf,

Any publicity about JW's in Germany is likely to show up on thios page: http://www.sewolf.com/infolink/

Have a look there. There is a story about covering up child molesting
    in Germany too.

Norm

• JAVA
    JAVA

Hi Norm,

- Jehovah's Witnesses is a closed society. A state within the state. At the same time it is of vital importance that the Witnesses isn’t discredited in the Society, so there is no doubt that they would do everything to suppress a case like this, if they had knowledge about it, says Knud Jespersen.

It's refreshing reading news reports from media not owned or controlled by Corporate America. We don't usually see this type of honesty and candor in this part of the "free world" because subscribers might not buy the next issue if they don't like the messenger! Thanks for the report, Norm.

--JAVA
    ...counting time at the Coffee Shop

• Norm
    Norm

You are welcome Java,

The Danish press is very blunt, more so than our Norwegian press.
    Although in most democratic nations it seems like freedom of religion is almost like having a licence to kill. Somehow evil deeds aren't so evil when they are done in a religious context. Wonder when that's going to end?

Norm

• Kent
    Kent

Hi All,

The ones of you who can read Scandinavian languages can read a lot about this case on The Watchtower Observer ( http://watchtower.observer.org )

Klick to the Norwegian pages, and you will find a lot of newspaper stuff from Denmark and Norway about this case. All with links to the original artickle online.

There is also lots of news every day on the English pages, from all over the world.

I am working to make a Java-script for use on other websites as well, so that anyone might get updated news on the Watchtower and the JWs from the press.

Take a look at my new pages - I guess you will find quite a lot of interesting stuff!

Kent

• chasson
    chasson

Norm,

we have two cas of child's molestation covered-up in France too.

See:

http://www.multimania.com/palain/bulles60.htm#tjc

and

http://www.multimania.com/tussier/rev9803.htm#7

Bye

Charles

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit