awake 12/8/2004 p 28

by gerry 10 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• gerry
    gerry

just doing research and came across this.

I know this is old however

here we have a worldly organisation distributing pamphlets and warning parents about child abuse.

last point in particular

3) Inform the child that what happened is against the law and that it is necessary to report it to the police so that it will not happen again.

pretty straight forward if you ask me.. Watchtower were happy to use that in their magazine. could we see a similar pamphlet handed out? . ...........

................. ribbit

Child Abuse in Mexico
    According to Mexico City’s justice department, “1 in every 8 girls and 1 in every 10 boys are victims of sexual abuse in Mexico City,” reports El Universal newspaper. The justice department is distributing pamphlets that warn parents about sexual abuse and recommend the course of action that should be taken in the event of actual abuse. The recommendations include the following: (1) Believe and support your child when he or she reports being sexually abused. (2) Explain to the child that he or she is not responsible for what happened. (3) Inform the child that what happened is against the law and that it is necessary to report it to the police so that it will not happen again.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Great find.

Great find.

Why don't the society apply their own quoted words.?

• schnell
    schnell
    Hypocrites!!!
  • smiddy
    smiddy

Just another example of the WT Org. speaking with a forked tongue .

• freddo
    freddo

Craftily written.

Note "in the event of actual abuse" - and how do "we" (WT and any WT following drone) determine "actual abuse" - the two witness rule or confession of course.

• pleaseresearch
    pleaseresearch

Amazing find, well done.

• LV101
    LV101

It's for the public to read and think they're law abiding, decent, religion.

Children are not important to the cult -- or anyone for that matter.

• steve2
    steve2

Uncovers an age-old principle: When you hold yourself religiously apart from others AND have little awareness or ability to see what is going on in your own group, trot out platitudes about what "should" be done in the face of child sexual abuse. But never apply that principle to yourself because your group is "above" all that.

• gerry
    gerry

yeah I am happy with this find.... I will be saving this article..

I wonder whether someone managed to sneak this into the magazine before someone higher up realized..

"hey what were you thinking? I don't think we should put that in the mag. we don't want the brothers getting the idea we should report child abusers to the police".....

• cha ching
    cha ching

Great find!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit