the slaves might be revolting

by pepperheart2 13 Replies latest watchtower bible

• pepperheart2
    pepperheart2

on the watchtower website it says that most of the work that will be done fishkill will be out sourced to non jws .i thought that jws always used to build everything them selves. this might explain what happend to ramapo they put an appeal out for free labour and people said no

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

They’re running out of qualified guys who’ll “ reach out”, and construction standards are growing ever stricter (for good reason, IMO).

• SadElder
    SadElder

In Brooklyn in order to appease the unions among other things, they used to use an outside contractor for any major construction that was outwardly visible. Sorry the contractor's name escapes me.

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

They can't afford me!

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

Concur with SadE that the WT generally has had outside contractors do some of the work, particularly any steel work. Partly due to the unions. I think some of the site prep work also, though I might be mistaken on that. The JW volunteers have usually done the interior work after the shell is up.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

Never knew that about the unions. What part of ‘being no part/member/support of this world’s political systems’ is that?

• hoser
    hoser

U can join the union but can't go on strike because you’re a slave. But they can hire union labour.

Kinda like can’t paint a church but can sell a kingdom haul to a church

• ThomasMore
    ThomasMore

The new facility in Argentina was built by commercial non-JW contractors. I might add that the intended use has not been clearly communicated.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Pretty sure it was originally meant to be a bolthole if shit went sideways.

Joke’s on them, though…

…Argentina and the US have a mutual extradition treaty.

😏

• blondie
    blondie

The WTS has said for a long time that volunteers first qualification to consider their "spiritual standing" in their congregation. That means some people without any building experience were put in charge of those that did. What a nightmare that has proved to be for the WTS. Many jws did not realize that the WTS has been hiring outside non-jw contractors for some due to the specific skills needed for that type of construction. Many jws think that WTS uses only jw lawyers, but same problem, lawyers specialize in certain areas and jw lawyers have no skill in abuse cases. So the WTS has hired outside lawyers skilled in abuse cases. When it comes to losing money, that is most important, that someone's spiritual standing, but their professional skills put to the test and current.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit