Just calling on our neighbours with a friendly message - Too Late! You Had Your Chance! You're All Gonna DIE!

by LifesNotOver 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LifesNotOver
    LifesNotOver

... and by the way - love your house! I've always wanted one just like it!

Feeling bitter this morning. That's "bitter" not "better" I was just thinking about what tipped me over the edge, what woke me up. I had my husband and an intake worker at the counselling centre ask me that and I didn't have a handy answer. Now I remember what it was - we were soon going to have to go around proclaiming the above noted message. Now I always hated service! But "You and everyone you love and everyone in the whole world (except for us wonderful righteous JW's who are going to survive and live on a paradise earth) are shortly going to die a horrible terrible terrifying painful death at the hands of Jehovah God and be dead forever more. See, like in this picture! And you can't do anything about it now. Too bad, so sad!" How could anyone in their right mind think that was an okay thing to do?

If a JW comes to you and tells you that, what will be your reply?

I think it's sad that my husband believes that, and thinks that people deserve to be killed that way because they didn't listen. No, "sad" isn't the word, "disgusting" is closer. And "frightening". He'll say: "Jehovah has the right to do anything he pleases. Who are you to question God?" And he has grown children and grandchildren. I know you're supposed to respect people's beliefs, but really?! No, I can't respect that!

Oops, this came around to my marriage again didn't it? I don't believe that it's okay to kill for people to kill wild animals if they eat the meat, when we can just go to the nearest grocery store and buy meat. My husband doesn't agree, he likes to hunt. I don't like or respect that about him. I simply don't. Now we have different religious beliefs and I don't respect his beliefs - I don't just disagree with his beliefs, I don't respect him for having them. He's right when he says I sound disdainful when we talk about the brothers and the governing body and the beliefs.

If anyone has managed to follow my meanderings thus far, I DO have a question if you care to comment - how do those of you who have partners who are "in" do it? Those who have seen absolutely no sign, no hope that their partners will ever change their ideas? And you can't talk about it or reason with them on it - they just don't want to hear it! He said at the beginning of all this, during one of our first arguments, that he thought I'd decide I didn't want to be married to a JW. I don't know, maybe he's right, or maybe it's just the KIND of JW he is!

So there you have it!

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Hard to have a marriage when there is no respect.

I read of a study on marriage where they followed couples fort a number of years. The common demo!inator in the marriages that didn't make it was contempt. It may have been small micro expressions, but in every case where there was contempt expressed by one or both, the marriage later failed.

• sir82
    sir82

I don't believe that it's okay to kill for people to kill wild animals if they eat the meat, when we can just go to the nearest grocery store and buy meat.

Umm, at the risk of sounding flippant, do you think hamburgers grow on trees?

• supernerdboy
    supernerdboy

Ya I know! They are so brainwashed that they think god killing 999 our 1000 people is loving and NEEDS to happen. They prey that 99.9% of earth gets wiped out SOON. Sick. I do not like to admit I once was a JW. I resent my parents for brainwashing me, particularly my Mom who was converted after she got with my dad.

<Off Topic> When you buy meat at a store, animals still get killed! It just makes you FEEL better about killing and eating other mammals. I am not vegan myself, nor have I ever hunted. However hunting could actually be seen as better, because at least the wild animals had a good life before they died a quick death. Animals raised on a farm with antibiotics and growth hormones stuffed in a small box to maximize profits is not very kind. Supply AND demand: When I go down and buy a pack of juicy dead animal from the dead animal store at least I know that animals had to suffer to make my body feel better. (Darn it now I am starting to feel bad about eating this tasty burger! [Just Joking]) Funny thing: We do not feel bad about it become they are lesser beings. When strong AI or super smart aliens come to earth, will we see THEM as evil if they choose to treat us like farm animals? <Off Topic/>

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

do you think hamburgers grow on trees?

Yes..

When the Hamburgers are Ripe..

Cows In Coveralls..

CLIMB LADDERS AND PICK THEM..

• LifesNotOver
    LifesNotOver

A hamburger tree - love it! I knew my comment would bring reactions, was looking forward to them, you guys are funny! BTW, note, I said "wild animals". Also, I would argue that the animals raised for food die the quick death, not necessarily those that are hunted. And you're stealing a good life from a wild animal, whereas those raised for food are not necessarily living a good life and you're maybe doing them a favour by killing them.

• Stealth
    Stealth

It could be worse. My wife's ex would not allow her to buy any meat at the supermarket.

He couldn't see justifying the expense for hamburger when they had a freezer full of duck & deer.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

You said it yourself when you asked the question "How could anyone in their right mind think that was an ok thing to do?"

Asleep JWs are not in their "right" mind they are in an indoctrinated mind and they will speak from the script of that indoctrination.

You could try asking him if he will miss hunting in the new world. Drawing attention to percieved negatives as if they are positves can get some people to think. For eg, you could say "wont it be great when there will be no more hunting or guns." If he can admit there will be at least one thing about the new world he won't like he may start thinking a bit deeper about other things. I found just reminding dubs there will be no cafe's and shops really pisses some JWs off and they don't like to think about a world with no retail therapy. Drawing attention to the negatives by describing them as postives can sometimes get people to think.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Also, I would argue that the animals raised for food die the quick death, not necessarily those that are hunted. And you're stealing a good life from a wild animal,.....LNO

by Joseph Carrabis

One of the rules of The Wild is that nothing dies of old age in The Wild. It just doesn’t happen. Animals grow old, grow tired, can’t move as quickly, can’t move as well, get injured, can’t get at whatever seed or bread or foodstuffs they can find and, in the end, even predators become prey in The Wild.

To read more..

Click the Link Below:

Nothing Ever Dies of Old Age in The Wild | An Economy of Meaning

• LifesNotOver
    LifesNotOver

Sir82 - No, silly, I know hamburgers don't grow on trees, they grow on vines.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit