help me think like an elder

by Homer notsimpson 18 Replies latest jw friends

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

did she get cyber-pregnant ?

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

She attempted suicide, then talked to the elders an told him she was gonna tell on him too, now that was in august, the sister told my brother that since she didn't know his hall they couldn't do anything

I think that's your answer. It may all be pure made up bs from a suicidal girl. Maybe not, but maybe.

To echo pbrow, STOP SEXTING WITH JW GIRLS!!!

I won't be surprised if the elders request to see the naked picture.

I think there's no need to think like an elder. Just prepare for that ridiculous and unfair JC situation if he chooses to be part of it. The most important thing here is that the WT system is having its perfect effect in that boy. At the end of the day the elders and the WT have no authority over him. If you care about him, show him support, make him feel ok and not ashamed, and have a talk about responsible relationship and sex decision making, which if he's a JW, chances are he never had.

It will be a lesson for him in responsible choices, but around a messed up girl, not around any of that shaming Jehovah crap.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Homer notsimpson - "Help me think like an elder..."

What, like, on purpose?

• Saltheart Foamfollower
    Saltheart Foamfollower

"think like an elder" - isn't that an oxymoron?

Seriously though, as an elder, my advice would definitely be to deny everything - the burden of proof is on them. Unfortunately this is also true in child abuse cases.

SF

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

HOMER NOTSIMPSON said, " My brother sexted a girl a little over a year ago..."

His name wouldn't be "Carlos Danger," would it? He should keep his weiner in its bun.

But his defense is easy-peasy; all he has to do is INSIST that he didn't do it and explain to the elders how easy it is to "spoof" an email, and he should be off the hook. As a bonus, the girl may be asked to explain why SHE would bear false testimony and fabricate her evidence by spoofing an email. She'll be in water so hot she will be soup in three minutes.

"Brother Danger" may find himself invited to be a ministerial servant so he can join the good ol' boys 'round the cracker barrel at the back of the Kingdom Hall, spiritually speaking.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

So much depends on the diligence of his BOE and if they want to "get" him. If she has NOT retained the sexted photo, denying that he did it will make it all go away. But if she can produce the photo and it is clearly OF him or FROM him, then his denying it could just open a bigger can of worms for him. That's his gamble.

First of all, he should just attempt to avoid a meet up with the Eldubs. Change his phone number, stay away from meetings, etc. But if they invite him to a JC, then he'll have to gamble on whether she can produce "evidence" with the photo. If he confesses to being stupid and doing it but realizing she was a bad influence and he dropped her, then a "liberal" (cool) JC will just say all young people do stupid things and slap his wrist. They would consider a lie worse than a sext pic. OTOH, a hard-ass bunch of right-wing conservative Eldubs could throw the book at him. I only know of 3 cases of this, and in every case the Elders blew it off because it was a one-time dumb action of a dumb young guy/girl. One case was called into Legal Dept as they thought the girl might have been a minor when it happened. When that was proven untrue, it was "don't do that again" and dropped. Private reproof was worst outcome of them.

Good luck!

• Homer notsimpson
    Homer notsimpson

Based on what yous said i do have a question, wouldn't they only invite him to a JC ONLY if they have proof?

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

Please tell me they were both adults when the sexting occurred.

If not, deny, deny, deny and hope she doesn't have the pictures anymore.

• babygirl30
    babygirl30

OMG...JWs continue to surprise me with their naivete!

...Lesson 1 - never sext someone who you arent 'established' with (aka - dating, sleeping with, married to).

...Lesson 2 - JWs are ruled by a guilty conscience over their libidos. So, with that said, DO NOT trust em not to show your pics/confess and drop your name.

Tell your friend not to sweat it! As has been said, deny it all. Lol!! If he hasnt head from the elders by now, even if homegirl has a screenshot of the convo/d*ck pic, I doubt they will. 😋

Half of the elders prob do the same crsp themselved...hahahaha

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit