Looking for a certain image

by magotan 12 Replies latest watchtower bible

• magotan
    magotan

Hey, I'm looking for a certain image. It's one of the more dopey series of images from about five years ago. About a "sister" who goes off the rails and she gets counseled and she's dressing all "immodestly" which is really just a streak of color in her hair. Then she's trying to study and get back and she has a baby and her unbelieving "husband" is on the couch passed out.

thanks in advance; i know I've seen them here a few days ago but I can't remember where

• magotan
    magotan
    No one??
  • freddo
    freddo
    Yeah I know the one you mean. It was in the book study (sorry - congregation bible study) I think? Or a WT study article? Coupla years back not five. Someone will be along soon to tell us.
  • Londo111
    Londo111
    I think that is in the Jeremiah book.
  • sir82
    sir82

"Jeremiah" book, chapter 6:

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1102010145

Other illustrations with the same "sister" are in later chapters.

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

I dig the box of Newports on the table.

• sir82
    sir82

LOL!

Cuz 100% of "worldly" guys are tatooed, alcoholic, tobacco-addicted deadbeats who live in a plywood-paneled single-wide.

• pbrow
    pbrow

I feel confident in saying that brother who had to get his "tats" for this picture did not want to take them off for a while!

Personally though... I hate the taste of breastmilk right after smoking!

pbrow

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

Sad thing is, lots of JW girls I grew up with ended up in this exact situation.

I've come to think that a lot of them consciously or subconsciously seek it out. It's kind of like how women in abusive relationships repeat the cycle (end up with deadbeat after deadbeat) because deep down they have low self-esteem and think that's what they deserve.

These JW girls end up in these situations because they've been taught all their lives that's what happens when you "leave Jehovah."

• magotan
    magotan
    Yes! Thanks so much!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit