J.W. Apologist

by Kenneson 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

I have recently been reading from the watchman.com site. While this forum questions some W.T. teachings, it nevertheless defends it vigorously. One of the questions posed by readers asks "Everything you write seems negative. Why should a Witness stay part of an organization that's so wrong on things? Is it really Jehovah's organization?" The response given is that not everything about JWs is negative; there is good too. Then we are told that Israel was Jehovah's special people, but often times needed correction from God's prophets. (I suppose Watchman feels it is fulfilling this role???) And Scripture states that Jehovah chastises those whom he loves. So, any reproof should be seen as a sign that God really approves of and has chosen JWs and not the converse. What do you think? See the second question at

http://e-watchman.com/qa/mailbag/100602to101202/100602to101202.htm

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

Curious:

e-watchman.comBack-order this name

Registration Service Provided By: Active Domain Co.

Domain name: E-WATCHMAN.COM

Registrant Info:

Walter Reyes ([email protected])
    905-873-4100
    115 Front St. E. Suite #192
    Toronto, ON M5A-4S6
    CA

Administrative Info:

905-873-4100
    Toronto, ON M5A-4S6
    CA

Billing Info:

905-873-4100
    Toronto, ON M5A-4S6
    CA

Technical Info:

905-873-4100
    Toronto, ON M5A-4S6
    CA
  • robhic
    robhic

From the E-Watchman website:

At some point Jehovah's sons will have to bear the full brunt of their Father's scathing rebuke. No doubt when that occurs, our many enemies will assume that our disaster is proof that we were not God's people, when in reality it will prove the very opposite.

Would shunning be an option for rebuke? Would Jehovah shun his (supposed) organization out of (supposed) love?

What if the "full brunt of their Father's scathing rebuke" is shunning? How anticlimactic would totally and completely ignoring his (supposed) "earthly organization" be? And if they get shunned, how will all of their (supposed) enemies know they are being scathingly rebuked so as to be filled with awe? Sounds like bullshit to me...

Robert

• little witch
    little witch

Sheese...Like sheep to a slaughter. There would really be many who would stay with those kooks, out of blind loyalty. Nothing shocks them anymore.

• avishai
    avishai

Watchman = not the coldest beer in the fridge.

• Goshawk
    Goshawk

lol @ avishai's comment.

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

E-Watchman wrote: "At some point Jehovah's sons wil have to bear the full brunt of their Father's scathing rebuke. No doubt when that occurs, ourf many enemies will assume that our disaster is proof that we were not God's people, when in reality it will prove the very opposite."

One can't help but wonder if this is what the Catholic Church is experiencing because of sexual abuse by a minority of priests. She has been rebuked from within and from without. Her sins have been aired by the media worldwide and she has been taken to task. The guiltless priests and the rank and file have had to suffer right along with the guilty. It has brought embarrassment upon all members. Could not the Catholic Church make the same claim that E-Watchman makes for JWs?

In all of this I am reminded of a passage in 1 Peter 2:19-20: "For if someone, because of conscience toward God, bears up under grievous things and suffers unjustly, this is an agreeable thing. For what merit is there in it if, when you are sinning and being slapped, you endure it? But if, when you are doing good and you suffer, you endure it, this is a thing agreeable with God." When priests and J.W. elders are justly rebuked for sexual abuse or any other crime and have to go to prison, they are paying for their actions and this can hardly be classified as divine approbation. When the WT makes false predictions and constantly changes her teachings and is taken to task for it, this is hardly divine approval. When she participates in the United Nations NGO and is caught and chastised, does that mean God approved it? For better is it to acknowledge sins, repent and move on then to cover up, deny, and excuse.

• reagan_oconnor
    reagan_oconnor
    not everything about JWs is negative; there is good too.

Not everything about Hitler's regime was negative; there was good, too.

• Winston Smith :>D
    Winston Smith :>D

My take on it is that the owner of the site is portraying the site as JW friendly just so that a JW with some doubts will let their guard down and view some material at his site.

Once a faithful JW actually realizes what a farce the WTS is by viewing some of the material there I think it is only an inevitability that they will leave "Jehovah’s earthly organization".

Trust me on this, a JW would be hard pressed to carry on indefinitely in the organization knowing all of the lies the WTS has told the R&F

Therefore I think the owner of the site probably doesn’t believe all of the hype he writes about the WTS. It’s a smokescreen, and he’s operating with a hidden agenda. IMHO his real objective is to awaken R&F JW’s to the truth and then to have them leave the WTS. Theocratic warfare at it’s finest, I guess the WTS has taught him well.

Winston.

• Hamas
    Hamas

The owner of this site has obviously read the truth of the Watchtower but continues to serve it anyway.

To be a lemming to the system is acceptable, if not aware of facts. To continue to be a lemming even after this evidence has become known to you is the height of lemminghood.

E Watchman is a lemming, born and bred.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit