Just broke up with my girlfriend

by figureheaduk 7 Replies latest jw friends

• figureheaduk
    figureheaduk

Hi everyone

I posted a thread last night about trying to find the best way to break things off with my (unbaptized) JW girlfriend. For more details see http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/54192/1.ashx or look at my personal profile. I had some replies (all of them helpful) so this morning I phoned her and asked could I go over and see her. She thought it was a bit odd, and asked why, so I told her that I wanted to talk. She said she knew what I wanted to talk about, and that she wanted to talk too. When I got through her front door she was waiting for me, and we just hugged each other. So we sat down, and talked, and both admitted that in the past few months we had been growing apart, and that a split would be for the best. She also admitted that she was getting ready to phone me tommorow about breaking things off, so it seems that the split was a mutual parting which relieved the both of us.

It's such a great relief to know that it was an amicable split (I had always feared that a split between us would be acrimonius), and that we can both now get on with what we want to do with our lives. Although my links to the WT have now been more or less severed, this isn't the last you guys will hear from me. There are too many nice, friendly people on this board, so I'll still be coming back and posting and chatting on a regular basis.

love, greetings and best wishes to you all

Lee / figureheaduk

• blondie
    blondie

I'm glad it worked out, Lee. It says something for her that she did not want to live a lie or have you live a lie. Come back soon, Blondie.

• Been there
    Been there

Very glad to hear things worked out well for you. Please do hang around and you can introduce us to any new lady loves. I know it's a little soon for that but we'll wait. You will be sooooooooo much happier. I do feel bad for your ex's decision though. So Dumb.................take care.

• Aztec
    Aztec

I'm glad it worked out so well, being mutual and all. I've had a few of the acrimonious breakup's before and, oh the mess! It's too bad she made the choice she has but you will at least be free from the stress of dealing with a witness. Stick around if you have a chance! I've liked the posts of yours that I've read.

~Aztec

• jgnat
    jgnat

Figureheaduk, gonna miss you.

• run dont walk
    run dont walk

Once again, The Watchtower has ruined a potential couple, who could of continued in life together. And of course they take no responsibility, because they are justified in all their teachings.

Stories like this really piss me off,

Why do the clowns at the Watchtower, feel it's necessary for JW's to date/marry only JW's, who are they to decide.

aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh !!!!!!!!!! I feel for you figureheaduk.

If you break up for personal issues, or compatability problems, or things just aren't working out, so be it, that's the way it goes. But reading the posts I get the impression you two broke up because of the Watchtower.

Hopefully one day she will realize just how stupid she was, not that this does you any good now.

Good Luck, in the future, hope you still pop in once in awhile, we'll always be here. (as long as Simon is)

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

figureheaduk -

A mutual split can be a relief. Still it's sad but lame as it sounds...it's for the best. Living a lie is not an option if you are to be happy.

Good luck to you. Don't be a stranger.

Arrowstar / Lisa

• figureheaduk
    figureheaduk
    Figureheaduk, gonna miss you

. Don't worry Jgnat, I'm not going anywhere! Like I said, I'll definitely be sticking around. I'd like to think that there are others who are going through what I went through who may come to this board for advice, in which case I'd want to help. Besides, the people here are great

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit