What are the big black tanks that were installed and buried at Beth Sarim?

by Wild_Thing 23 Replies latest jw friends

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

My guess would be water tanks as well.

This folks is how a cult leader lives.

• St George of England
    St George of England

Also a diesel tank, they had generators there.

George

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

I would say either water tanks for drinking water (cisterns) or for irrigation, or both. If for fuel, they are huge, bigger than I could imagine they would need.

Rutherford was such a weasel; I just want to smack him.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

Obviously the tanks were to hold all his booze!

• hoser
    hoser

It is obvious that they are sewage tanks. Everyone on here knows the Watchtower is full of Shit.

• Simon
    Simon

Did you not watch Lost ?!?!

It's the hatch ... it's a prophecy ...

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

Some nice home movies to send back to the poor schlubs back at Bethel toiling away in the New York winter.

• atomant
    atomant

maybe they are arks.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

He was a sly lawyer and cunning opportunist to say the least.

He owned and drove in the most expensive cars when most of the JWS followers couldn't even own a car, he had a mistress living with him when he was separated from his wife, which most JWS at the time didn't know about.

All he had to do is write bullshit and say it came directly from the bible to make it look viable and a small portion of the population ate it up.

A true American religious charlatan by all accounts.

• LV101
    LV101

Don't have the facts but read years ago (perhaps H2O) he wasn't a formal, educated, lawyer, but worked at the clerk's office -- somehow slinked himself into the position of being a lawyer. It's not unheard of but seems a bit much. Who knows -- perhaps there's evidence with a county bar association somewhere.

Certainly knew how to attain power - good con artist re/religion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit