How and Why the ARC into Child Sexual Abuse In Institutions Came About.

by smiddy3 9 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

A program is to be aired on ABC TV tonight called : "Undeniable :The advocates And Agitators Who Fought For Justice" to be shown at 9:30 PM Aust.Eastern Daylight Saving Time in Victoria.

While it doesn`t show anything from what I can gather, about JW`s ,it mainly concentrates on the Catholic and Anglican churches and if you want to make a comparison the abuse in the JW`s pales by comparison as an institution .

Having said that their were some/one champions of JW child sex abused that made sure by their arguments that the Jehovah Witness religion should not be excluded from this Royal Commission as they wern`t initially included in this enquiry.

The full/final report of this ARC is to be handed down later this week.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Thanks smiddy3!

I will ensure we record this!

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Stuck, and anybody else check out the ABC Australia website for programming and you should be able to get the lowdown on what this program is all about.

• amicabl
    amicabl
    Thanks smiddy.
  • moreconfusedthanever
    moreconfusedthanever

Thanks for sharing. I look forward to watching it.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Thanks for the Info Smiddy.

You said " if you want to make a comparison the abuse in the JW`s pales by comparison as an institution ."

I guess this is so if you simply compare number of cases, but if you work out the number of cases per member of the religions, I bet there is not much difference, maybe JW's are even worse than the big boys !

• Incognito
    Incognito
    the JW`s pales by comparison as an institution

In addition to Phizzy's comment, also consider, which religion continues to be less cooperative to making policy and procedure changes to support victims, and in immediately involving authorities when an incident occurs.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Hopefully someone will upload a copy to YouTube so those of us in USA can see, too.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yes, as Incognito said, all other institutions have either said sorry or acknowledged that there has been a problem with their procedures.

The Society on the other hand has arrogantly dismissed any suggestion of a problem, and have been less than transparent or honest with all procedures and enquires!

"Truly, by their fruits you will know them"

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

For anybody who missed the program last night you can view it anytime day or night on ABC I-View from anywhere in the world I would imagine.

I agree with you about the ratio`s comparing religions Phizzy ,also others who point out the reluctance of the JW`s to co-operate with the commission particulary objecting to the redress scheme of compensation for the victims.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit