No 'Tight Pants' policy is now official - classed as 'disturbing'

by wizzstick 362 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• WTWizard
    WTWizard
    And what about wearing your pants halfway down? Try going in field circus with dirty sneakers (untied), baseball cap on backwards, and your pants about halfway down. At least they can't say anything about them being too tight.
  • talesin
    talesin
    Over on JW Survey, there's a great leak regarding tight pants from a new CO outline for their meeting with the elders during congregation visits. This is once the MS have left the meeting.

Is this an actual, verifiable document?

t

• OneFingerSalute
    OneFingerSalute
    I'd like to hear Henry Turner say this. He is as effeminate a man as I have ever had to suffer listening to. Last know to be in California, of course.
  • BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Very interesting..I read Cedars "leak" that adds credibility to this.. I wonder if this is for Britain too?

I had a friend ,not too long ago who ,I suspect , had a mid life crisis & grew his hair to a pony tail. He was kept off the KH platform & lost any privileges ...But they could not stop him going door to door. That apparently was a basic right & responsibility of all baptised ones.....So he went out and noticed no difference in people's reaction....

• Saltheart Foamfollower
    Saltheart Foamfollower

Yes BluesBrother this is for Britain too - had it during visit last month as has another elder in a nearby congregation. There have been some puzzled discussions since about how to identify effeminate traits and whether stopping individuals from going in the ministry has been sanctioned before - this is the reaction from hard-line elders.

SF

• Simon
    Simon

I think "we" are making too much of this - lots of places have dress codes and policies that govern behavior and it's not unusual for conservative christian groups to have constraints on what they deem to be immodest fashion. This has always been the case with the WTS and JWs whether it was low tops or short skirts ... now there is a trend of tight (yoga?) pants.

Making a big deal over something so trivial seems to be self-defeating. It risks makes "us" look like obsessive nutcases rather than reasonable people IMO.

• Oubliette
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

They have no authority to ban anyone from a personal ministry. JWs are not representatives of the WTBTS in any legal sense, and have no expectation of physical or legal protection while engaged in this purely voluntary activity.

This is one of the most bizarre/cultish things that I have ever heard. It sounds as though the WTBTS is torn between mainstreaming/rebranding and being the "True Religion."

This lunacy is a control measure. It will work on those who are guilt-ridden enough to be controlled. I'm sure the WTBTS wants to nudge undesirables out the door, aka, those who will not be controlled.

This information should be given to every media outlet in the world.

DD

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Simon, I think you're missing the point.

Both the language and the intent of the letter are disturbing for their vagueness.

Who determines what are "effeminate characteristics" and how? What is the standard?

Correspondingly, what is a "masculine hairstyle or type of dress" in reference to women?

Who gets to determine if a man has "effeminate traits" in the "bearing, body language … [or] speech"?

How "tight" it too tight?

How "extreme" is too extreme?

This is just going to encourage the already overly intrusive elders to become even more obsessed over things that frankly should be none of their business.

On the other hand, it is yet even more evidence of the overly critical nature of this cult. It's control freakery on steroids.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

We should send this book to Tight Pants Tony:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit