Original songs

by road to nowhere 10 Replies latest watchtower bible

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

I had to look at the meetibg part. Quote": variety of musical styles and subjects " BS.

Bland music, lousy lyrics, no timing, singular subject. Never pick up an african beat, use unusual (not western orchestra) instruments.

I should comment on the plagiarized music from the convention. People liked it and when I had it on my phone and played it they wondered where I found it. The look on their face when I show them the album cover is priceless. Can some adept at computers get a link up? Thanks

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Variety of styles? It was bad enough back in the pre-2010 era, before they changed the Kingdumb maladies. They threw a few off-notes in, a few extra lines in one song, and call that "variety"? And it has probably gotten even worse with that abomination of a new book. And that's what they are supposed to listen to, all the time.

Now, for variety, I listen to quite a few different styles. I have a MP3 player I use for work, and that contains something like 2,000 of my favorite songs. Therein lie pop rock from the 1960s, R&B from that era, hard rock and heavy metal (from the 1970s and '80s), disco, dance, funk, soul, and even some country music thrown in for good measure. It also includes some R&B and rap music from the 1990s, and pop music through. Including bubblegum music, psychedelic rock, garage rock, house and dance music (post-disco), and even the song Gathering Crowds (which was a real pain to find). I even have a few Christmas songs on that--I have a different MP3 player that has all Christmas songs, in a variety of styles, that I use for the Christmas season.

And that isn't "all inclusive". You can search that MP3 player all day and not find a single song from Barbra Streisand or Yanni. No Barry Manilow or Neil Diamond, either. Just real music. That is far more than can be said about only 150 songs or so (they keep changing the number, but it is all the same lousy styles) in their books.

• JoenB75
    JoenB75

I like the pioneer song 150. It had a certain beauty😄

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Still cant get it done. Audiomachine Epica album

Joen: I am not saying there are no sinfs we like, just as WTwizard said, it is limited.

Even without looking to oriental. Africa, eastern europe they are limiting to Christian rock wannabes. Not even an organ ( churchy), how about in just american culture use a slide guitar instead of Spanish tuning, banjo, fiddle, snare drum, pipes, even yodeling. We don't all have to like it, but do not tell us what we have to like

• JoenB75
    JoenB75

Oh I agree. They are stuck in the 50s with dress etc. May the day soon come where they give up on their abusive politics or close.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I have a MP3 player I use for work, and that contains something like 2,000 of my favorite songs.

When do you get time to do any work ? Dont tell your boss this .LOL

Bland music, lousy lyrics, no timing, singular subject. Never pick up an african beat, use unusual (not western orchestra) instruments.

I go back thirty or fourty years ago and some of the Kingdom songs were nothing short of pathetic.

I should comment on the plagiarized music from the convention. People liked it and when I had it on my phone and played it they wondered where I found it. The look on their face when I show them the album cover is priceless.

Yes somebody please demonstrate this for all of us to hear.

• Doctor Who
    Doctor Who

My sister and her best friend (Who are PIMI) like the "original" music they now put out. Note, this isn't the crap they sing at the hall, but fairly slick music that is found on the broadcast specials. As much as I hate the 'society', the music is much better than the crap in the past. Different styles, beats, and genres. When my sister was playing one of those songs in the car I was dumbfounded it was a JW song.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Doc who

Tastes vary, all I have heard is christian rock takeoffs, country music copies, and some not quite on key.,

I can find but not link the 15 convention song. It is Audio Machine, Epica album, Perfect Flame track. Google it

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Just around the corner is the sample song track, complete with ukelele. QUOTE: " there is even an original song about balanced use of cell phones "

NUFF SAID

• no-zombie
    no-zombie

When I heard the latest 'original song' at the meeting this week, I thought ... no wonder kids are leaving. It was straight out of the the 1960's. But hey ... everyone over 60 (which is more that half of my congregation) was having a blast.

no zombie.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit