First Christmas without the guilt

by Apostate Anonymous 12 Replies latest jw experiences

• steve2
    steve2

Welcome. Many here will identify with your back story. BTW, you describe yourself as a second generation JW but say your parents were raised As JWs - so that makes you a third generation JW.

• rulehayl
    rulehayl
    This my first year to NOT celebrate Christmas - no awkward family gatherings, no buying useless presents which aren't appreciated. It was weird at first because I always have been a part of Christmas in some way... but iI guess t'll get easier over time. Good riddance Christmas.
  • Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    no buying useless presents which aren't appreciated. - rulehayl

You can always ask people what they'd like for Christmas, perhaps something they've been wanting but won't buy for themselves.

It was weird at first because I always have been a part of Christmas in some way...

That's sad if you've always been a part of it and now you feel weird. Feeling apart from others and weird around people during customary celebrations is not good for us psychologically. We need to feel included.

Apostate Anonymous, welcome to the forum. I'm glad you're having fun this holiday season and ditching the guilt imposed by that dangerous cult.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit